No way to prevent this: teen murdered while returning an airsoft gun to a sporting good store

Sounds like a series of legal, unfortunate actions that culminated in very logical acts of self-defense here in USA#1.

1 Like

Looks this KY shooting just your run of the mill USA #1 workplace massacre.

Although apparently the governor knows one the victims personally so…. extra thoughts and prayers.

D gov in KY but he has very little power?

Nashville tells the state GOP to get fucked

6 Likes

Extremely normal country:

Same story as your link:

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1645763325299392512

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1645775316424482816

Posting because I just noticed this detail:

They say Hale tried to run Allison off the road on U.S. 1 near Callahan and threw a water bottle at his car.

Fucking hell, now when someone says “did you hear about the road rage incident in Florida where someone threw a water bottle and emptied a clip while driving” you have to say “which one?”

1 Like

Harlan Crowe is going to add it to his museum of stuff he really doesn’t like

3 Likes
2 Likes

this article mentions sorta offhand there was also a mass shooting in nashville again, suspect still at large

Louisville too!

woops i meant to type louisville

Speaking as someone who lived in Louisville for a long time the park shooting is likely never getting solved. All I needed to know is where the park is.

This is absolutely not a reflection on the community over there… it’s a reflection of the LMPD who are an absolute disgrace.

Shooter not arrested.

Normal country

2 Likes

A couple notes on this one:

• 28 (!!!) injured
  • this is in a town whose of 3,200, so a full 1% of the town was killed or hurt
  • this paragraph from the AP story:

Keenan Cooper, the DJ at the party, told WBMA-TV that the party was stopped briefly when attendees heard someone had a gun. He said people with guns were asked to leave, but no one left. Cooper said when the shooting began some time later, some people took shelter under a table where he was standing, and others ran out.

Well yeah, that’s freedom.

Police Chief said they needed a “statement from the victim” in order to charge, so they’re waiting for that. Now I’m just a former local prosecutor, not one of these fancy “big-city” types, but back in my day, when someone shot someone else, oftentimes dead, somehow, somehow, I managed to prosecute the shooters without getting a statement from the victim! My murder victims usually didn’t give statements. I guess times they are a changing.

1 Like

Extremely normal shit

Update: shooter finally arrested, zero indication why it took this long

2 Likes