No way to prevent this: teen murdered while returning an airsoft gun to a sporting good store

Yes, there’s been a rash of threats nationwide unlike anything we’ve seen before, and it seems like a lot of them show a poor command of English.

I know a few schools near me have had vague threats made, and supposedly parents are being threatened with fines if they keep their kids home.

County sheriff’s office now saying “no threat” and schools all dismissed normally with no incident. Supposedly a press conference going on but I haven’t heard the word “hoax” in any official statement yet

Not sure how that would work, probably not well.

WaPo gift link: The making of an alleged school shooter: Missed warnings and years of neglect

A deep dive on the Georgia shooter’s family life. What a joke to charge this kid, abused by his two absent & addicted parents, as an adult.

I agree with the conclusion but not how you got there. “Abused by their parents” describes a shit ton of shooters, serial murderers and criminals. There’s also tons of kids who get abused and don’t do this

I mean, I didn’t come to that conclusion just because of this story either:

The story just underscores how extra not-an-adult he is and it’s maddening to see the number of times that the kid and his eventual victims were failed by the authorities and his parents

The Georgia shooter? Have to look at the article, because it doesn’t ring a bell.

A month ago, 14 year old killed 4 at a rural Georgia HS. There are posts about it above.

ok, yeah, the one where the dad bought his troubled kid an AR-15? ok, I vaguely remember that one. They kind of run together.

Well yeah, like Jay Dee says, school shootings are a fact of life and we just have to get used to them.