No way to prevent this: teen murdered while returning an airsoft gun to a sporting good store

We’ve been joking for years that eventually the 2A crowd’s strategy for school shootings would be to arm the students… Well, this is a step down that road. Next will be a legal framework for children to be allowed to have guns at school, and after that it will be required.

P.S. Between this and the story about the all-white community police carve-out, Mississippi looks like hell. It’s hard to believe it’s in the same country I live in…

Constant violence in this country:

Beyond shaken. Spent significant time in both buildings. Can’t imagine the horror and terror that went through campus and the community. Those buildings are right across the street from a lot of restaurants and bars.

Still no idea if this was random or what.

Occurred to me that children of people I know could be involved. I was trying to look at every face during the news conference to see if anyone my age looked familiar.

4 Likes

Posting for the picture. This rock is painted over frequently on campus. Todays update

1 Like

There’s a lot of Oxford students at MSU too I’m sure.

We obviously can, and will.

Yep. We aren’t even close to being able to do anything. Maybe in 15 years, but probably not.

Apparently there’s a letter from the shooter for this one

of course they should pretend it doesn’t exist and don’t cover it at all, but of course they will. The media is basically complicit at this point for the epidemic of these shootings in the way they cover them.

Dead grade schoolers had zero result. Dead “woke, probably deserved it cause they took CRT” university students ain’t even jiggling the needle.

1,000,000 dead in a year would move the needle. This won’t (but we already know this)

Maybe. Probably not.

Didn’t matter much for Covid. (Close enough to a million and probably actually was)

1 Like

Oh a million old busted people no way, gotta be a million kids.

Another Arizona mall mass shooter

Texas, but yeah. I’m unable to muster outrage anymore. It’s so absurd and so hopeless. Zero chance of change, zero chance of preventing these. Duck and cover, thoughts and prayers, fuck your thoughts and prayers, duck and cover some more.

Thanks, Boomers, for this completely fucked political meta.

The needle you all speak of is as broke as that NYT applet.

2 Likes