Podcast thread

A direct result of the fbi and art losing their nerve after waco. McVeigh likely had multiple more accomplices and support, and the fbi knew about it. They chose the simple case however

art?

Probably autocorrected from ATF.

2 Likes

Man the 5-4 episode on student loans was so good. Truly enraging.

1 Like

The 5-4 hosts were on C-SPAN early Saturday morning, getting interviewed and then taking classic C-SPAN listener calls:

I think they did a really good job.

1 Like

If Peter retires from podcasting, he should be a CSPAN host. Just let him goof around with the cranks.

OK, some of you CK3 players might like the new Weird Medieval Dudes podcast.

This is going to be a banger:

https://twitter.com/IfBooksPod/status/1684009976224956416

3 Likes

ah yes, making me treat other people as equal human beings is the REAL fascism

You guys, the Weird Medieval Guys podcast is very good.

latest Why Is This Happening is unintentionally hilarious, Chris Hayes has his wife on along with the other Strict Scrutiny podcasters, they spend the whole time showing that the law is a fucking joke but they all are sure to occasionally remind the listeners that the law is real and holy and sacred and is absolutely not calvinball despite everything they are discussing

I listened to this ep as well and didn’t totally get that vibe? I may not have been paying close enough attention.

One of them even explicitly said something like “no no, the law is REAL”

Right after they finished explaining how alito pulled the “major question doctrine” out of his asshole

I think Paul Graham is a fucking 100-IQ at-best dipshit and probably the most overrated shithead out of the current pile of VCs, this interview really made him look like a normal moron at times and wow there was some really wild dogwhistling

I ain’t gonna listen to this but what’s the dogwhistling?

Oh they were talking about how low UK’s per capita GDP is relative to the US, and Paul G was like “so much untapped potential, they have a gear they haven’t shifted into,” and Cowan observes that the UK’s per capita GDP aid about the same as Mississippi, and Paul G said something about how they’re maxed out.

It really is surprising to me how the ROW underestimates the american economic machine. Sure our GDP isn’t fairly distributed, but the only countries ahead of us are either super small (Switzerland for example) or dependent on some natural resource (Norway, Qatar). Ain’t nobody works on the scale America does since WW2.

Ah, that’s in the transcript:

Right below this is his take on San Francisco which is exactly what you would expect from an idiot VC:

It’s the crazy left-wingers of course! Just absolute tourist shit here, where the guy’s opinions on when SF was and wasn’t a great city are directly proportional to how much media coverage about it has shown up in his Twitter feed and not based on spending real time there.