Podcast thread

no I stopped listening to 5-4 because I couldn’t stand the hosts

The 5-4 one had the same guest, too (UT law professor Steve Vladeck), he’s doing his book tour on the subject.

I’m guessing the Chris Hayes interview lacked some of the spiciness from the 5-4 hosts (Vladeck: “one of my professors in law school was Jed Rubenfeld” Michael, without skipping a beat: “oh, were you sexually harassed?” :leolol:)

I thought the second and third interviews of this week’s OTM were quite good.

yeah this was a great episode

IBCK is the seventh largest Patreon…period? Of any kind?

That is wild, Peter might be making more money from podcasting than he did as a corporate lawyer

How the heck? I get how weird politics nerds love the pod, but my goodness.

1 Like

It’s not that good either. Like in some cases the takedown is as bad as the book itself.

5-4 cast is miles better as well.

It’s a lot better when they’re making fun of conservative pundits, like the David Brooks ep was hilarious. I think the next one is another pundit.

I turned on Chris Hayes’ latest episode which looked interesting, he’s interviewing Jeffrey Toobin about his new book on Timothy McVeigh. It’s an interesting discussion as they mostly talk about how much McVeigh’s ideology has in common with the modern conservative movement, and how fringe beliefs from the 90s he held like “I need guns to protect me from the feds” have become mainstream Republican ideology.

A direct result of the fbi and art losing their nerve after waco. McVeigh likely had multiple more accomplices and support, and the fbi knew about it. They chose the simple case however

art?

Probably autocorrected from ATF.

2 Likes

Man the 5-4 episode on student loans was so good. Truly enraging.

1 Like

The 5-4 hosts were on C-SPAN early Saturday morning, getting interviewed and then taking classic C-SPAN listener calls:

I think they did a really good job.

1 Like

If Peter retires from podcasting, he should be a CSPAN host. Just let him goof around with the cranks.

OK, some of you CK3 players might like the new Weird Medieval Dudes podcast.

This is going to be a banger:

https://twitter.com/IfBooksPod/status/1684009976224956416

3 Likes

ah yes, making me treat other people as equal human beings is the REAL fascism