Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

I had lunch with a friend of mine today who recently married an interior designer. Their wedding inspired them to dream about starting a wedding rental business that would take advantage of the designer’s expertise. Custom designed decorations and stuff. My friend was just excited to handle the generic items. He laid out the math on how quickly tables and chairs pay for themselves, adding that he’d get so many rentals out of such durable items. I didn’t have the heart to explain how stressful the table renting industry can be, I just yelled out TAAA-BLES. He didn’t get it.

1 Like

1 Like

4 Likes

D10 and friend in a few months

2 Likes

I have no idea what is being referenced, but anything in the wedding rental business is making bank. The prices for everything are insane.

As someone reading lots of baby books this cracked me up

1 Like
1 Like

Entire family kills themselves because of trump losing or something

jfc

Stabley said he was disturbed to see recent videos appearing to show Morgan on YouTube. In the videos, which the West Manchester Township Police Department has also said appear to show Morgan, the young woman speaks in stream-of-conscious fashion about God, the Antichrist and conspiracies about Trump and the 2020 election. Stabley said he is haunted by Morgan’s laughter in the videos.

I was amused when I saw this first too, but I forgot there was another new dad here who’d like it

1 Like

Imagine if Dems win PA by two votes in 2024.

1 Like

Ongoing debate in my house if the weirdest line in that book is “goodnight old lady saying hush” or “goodnight mush”

1 Like

That cracked me up as well. I cannot tell you how many fuckign times I’ve read Goodnight Moon. There was a time I could recite it word for word without opening the book.

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

Not sure my girls even remember the original. We mostly read

1 Like

Just ordered that from Amazon for $4. Thanks!

1 Like

The spectrometer is a bit of a stretch, but the grumpy old professor is a big improvement on his counterpart.

1 Like
3 Likes

Shouldn’t those gas canisters be a little more secured?