Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

Wall fastenings not shown, I presume

8 Likes

first they came for my chinese spy balloons and i did nothing

Why is it that every “local” discussion board is always a cesspool of far-right excrement that would make Qanon forums blush?

1 Like

Because anger fuels engagement.

1 Like

I wish I could think of a forum thread that demonstrates this.

1 Like
3 Likes

Oh, this is starting sooner than I predicted. If you go look at my post history on the other place when Afghanistan fell to the Taliban, I theorized that people who had experienced modern life in 21st century Kabul, would not tolerate going back to strict Taliban rule that well.

And here we are.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Balloon story has me wanting to watch red dawn. They both suck in a fun way

what’s really offensive is the writing in the second tweet. “The purposeful US shoot down”? I had to read that four times to make it make sense. Fuck you Derek

2 Likes

This is a person who experienced freedom in the rebellion complaining about modern life.

Gotta admit I laughed at the part about taking a few months to realize you don’t get paid if you don’t go to work

1 Like

Enraging (but less so when considering the victims) piece about naked corruption at The Villages.

2 Likes

So my parents are dead set on buying a house in florida, preferably a golf course community. I think if your villages posts a lot right now

Not sure why anyone who isn’t a RWNJ would retire to FL when Vegas exists and has the same benefits regarding zero state income tax.

They like the Florida weather better and have some friends in the area. It wouldn’t be year round, winter only