Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

Jfc.

CC reaction because it’s racist, not because it’s funny

Arizona GOP advances bill legalizing killing undocumented migrants on suspicion of trespassing

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/27/arizona-gop-bill-rancher-migrant-kill

The bill expands the existing doctrine from a home intrusion to a home or property intrusion.

Traditionally the first step in trespassing is that the property owner has to ask you to leave. These guys just want to jump straight to the execution. :harold:

How does someone know a “trespasser” is a unsociable migrant?

Presumably they’re the only ones who would be trekking across desolate inhospitable ranchland in a border county.

If they get it wrong and accidentally blow away a citizen, I’m sure they’ll apologize!

Imagine deciding to execute somebody because they are walking across your land.

Oh come on. You know the answer to this one without even clicking the spoiler.

8hanhb

So is Sarah Kendzior a legit journalist or just a crackpot conspiracy theorist? I recognized her name from her tweets being posted here and on the old forum, generally just rage at the stupid/corrupt eDems type stuff. Then I saw a tweet by Kenny Mayne about how days when Elie Mystal and Sarah Kendzior are proven right are always bad days.

Checked her timeline while rage-scrolling over SCOTUS and found this substack article basically accusing Dems, in this case Garland, of not just being corrupt because the wealthy donate to them… But flat out covering up for a Soviet era mob boss who sorta kinda runs part of the FBI.

This seems batshit crazy, but she has a legit resume at least - studied authoritarian regimes, has written for major news outlets. So did she just sellout to craziness to make money on substack? Or is this a legit fucking thing?

That’s something I would know about if it was true. Tis a grift.

It’s a good one then. It’s just bypassing the level 1 conspiracy, which is kind of out in the open, where the wealthy donate a bunch of money to both parties and control all the pieces on the board and thus get a conservative court that strikes down protections for labor and keeps the wealthy wealthy and the powerful powerful… instead going to a level 2 conspiracy that does the same thing, while also having a salacious global Russian mafia connection.

I mean there’s plenty of Russian money in the system, it’s just laundered through guys like Paul Manaforte etcetera. It’s never been anywhere near Merrick Garland lol. Garland is so legit it’s a huge weakness. Diminishing returns strikes again. Garland cares far more about the means than the ends which is exactly as incorrect as saying the ends are far more important than the means. It’s a balance like everything else.

WaPo gift link: Why the South has such low credit scores

It’s not race or income! Spoiler below:

Also, this is a pretty funny knock-on effect:

Thanks for my free rewards flights :leolol:

Idk I still think it’s income

1 Like

Income alone doesn’t make sense when you look at CA, TX & Nevada on those maps.

how

Yeah we’re gonna need them to show their work on that one.

Aren’t points paid for by higher interest rates?

uh, maybe? it’s all fungible, but dirt farmers in appalachia don’t have amex cards