Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

How are you doing (you were taking?)

Here we go again

Pretty good. I stopped increasing my dose (I’m at less than half max dose, and the weight loss stopped). Going to increase here shortly.

However, also going to Mexico in a couple of weeks. Will take a little break then lol

Also

https://x.com/cremieuxrecueil/status/1777046810478993807?s=46&t=N0_fcOKIYYmlCS2e4YShsQ

Lol

Bunch of vegan hippies going to be happy to let us know they were telling us all along that majority of illness in USA is chalked up to diet

1 Like

Yeah at this point I’m suspecting there’s a shit ton more interaction between our brains and what happens in our gut. There’s been theories about that for awhile but the evidence is getting more and more compelling.

I haven’t looked at what people putting out recently so this might already be settled but suspect some the antibiotic induced mania cases may be more about killing the flora than just a neurotoxic effect of the meds.

Never seen/heard of that. Classic one for us to miss in the ER is anti gaba encephalitis

In the benzo withdrawal community it is well known to stay away from fluoroquinolones.

It’s not something that really would change management as they probably done with the antibiotic anyway so doesn’t get much attention.

On the other side there bunch of studies floating around about probiotics being potentially slightly protective from mania.

oh shit now I remember, it was mostly with levaquin. Thanks @LFS

And don’t those pretty much nuke the gut?

honestly don’t know, would guess yes

Hope this guy gets paid bigly by California.

Is this gonna get to the point fast where everybody should just be taking this because of all the health benefits they’re finding?

It feels like from what’s been so discussed so far this could be the biggest medical breakthrough since penicillin.

I don’t know much about these meds but generally speaking it’s hard to find something with such a universally favorable risk/benefit profile that it’s good for literally everyone and may not really appreciate the risks until time passes. Kind of like aspirin for heart attack prophylaxis vs bleeding risks.

That being said given the US big medical issue is obesity/metabolic related conditions it certainly is the type of med that may benefit massive amounts of people

Once it achieves universal usage comes the plot twist nobody is expecting…

OZEMPIC IS PEOPLE!!

Fucking expensive people…

Or it’s the drug that turns us all into zombies

4 Likes

Zombie time is just stoppage time before you disappear so think of it as a bonus with a horrible meal plan.