Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

LETS GO

2 Likes

Not to be overly nihilistic but won’t they just role these fees into some other fee or higher % interest?

Well, 90% (at least) of the premium is currently pure profit. Ideally the lenders would lobby state legislatures to end price fixing. Sweet summer child shit, I know.

1 Like

OJ SIMPSON: DEAD

Hes being remembered in the Kissinger thread.

The way title insurance was explained to me by a few real estate lawyers (I know, theyre in on it) is that it saves lawyers as much or more billable hours than the cost so its a no brainer. In Canada title insurance is optional and it costs more not to get it.

This is, of course, complete horseshit

It literally costs $150 in Iowa and the system works just fine. Entire industry is a scam

@Jman220

Disney lightning lane question for this summer. Wife and I have our and kids accounts linked up sharing everything. Friends are coming out for a day, the wife bought their tickets and has her account, not sure if he even has one.

What do we need to do so that ideally either wife or I can interchangeably make lightning land reservations for all of us? We found part about adding her by name but not sure if needs “share” or “manage” and if her husband whose ticket on her account also needs to download app himself and setup account or just getting hers is enofuh

You need to get yourselves all connected as “friends and family.” You will know that you are successfully connected when you can each see each other’s ticket media (and other plans) in the my Disney experience app, or on the my Disney experience website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/login/?returnUrl=/plan/

From that website after logging in, click on:

1. “My Disney Experience” in the upper right hand corner;
  2. “My Family and Friends”
  3. “Add a Guest”
  4. Enter their info and put in their email address that is associated with their account. This should then send them an email that lets them accept you.

This should work however in my experience their tech is buggy as hell and when I’ve had friends come with us before I’ve sometimes had it not work and had to call Disney customer service. They’re pretty easy to work with over the phone you just want to make sure you do all of this before your trip. Again, you’ll know it works if you can see them and their plans (and their ticket media and hotel reservations) in your itinerary section of MDE. If you can’t see that, it didn’t work and you need to call. If you can see that you should be good to go to manage their lightning lanes (and vice versa if they can see you).

Edit: Just reread your post and see that your wife bought the ticket and is managing the account for your friend. So long as your wife has your friends listed in the F&F section as “plans managed by me” it means that your wife can control their genie+. You’ll follow the process i detailed above except it’s probably your wife who will do the accepting so that y9ou can get them linked to your F&F as well. Again, if you have trouble, just call Disney, their tech is terrible and sometimes it’s just easier to call.

Thanks, I got careless with pronouns there. The Friend bought both Friend and Friend Spouse tickets but Friend spouse doesn’t have own account, seems he should make one right?

Friend spouse doesn’t necessarily need one if plans are being managed by friend. You should be able to connect to both through friend and also have management rights to both to be able to make and modify plans.

Edit: To be clear, profile needs to be made for friend spouse by friend and ticket needs to be assigned, but I think the spouse doesn’t necessarily need their own login, the profile can be fully managed by friend (in the same way that you manage a child’s account).

1 Like

He’s running

https://x.com/mcuban/status/1779905354601484638?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

A rich person actually paying taxes works for me.

This is like 20 years overdue but I’ll take it. Having personally worked with these executives, they are absolute piece of shit humans.

https://www.wsj.com/business/media/live-nation-justice-department-antitrust-lawsuit-ab98c268?mod=mhp

2 Likes

Hugely overdue. An absolutely perfect specimen of everything wrong with the economy in 2024.

1 Like

Yes, but that’s 275M of what?

So, I got done watching the Taylor Swift concert, which is now on Disney+. It was an inevitability with my two burgeoning young Swifties in the house. Now, I remember back in the pandemic, Lin-Manuel Miranda famously quipped that he had to give two fucks back in order to get Hamilton on Disney+. It was only allowed one fuck as per the convention of PG-13 movies, and that’s what Disney held him to. TayTay had as many f-bombs in a single song as Hamilton had in its whole show, and yet none of them in that song or any other, not to mention any of the shits, were censored on Disney+? Is TSwift that much more powerful than LMM that she can get more uncensored fucks on Disney, or are the rules different for a concert, or something?

Also, given that TSwift is basically the biggest thing in music right now, would there be interest in doing a Taylor Swift GOAT song bracket?

1 Like

Yes. Tswift is absolutely that much more powerful. Come on.

Like 10x easily lol. Disney would have agreed to anything to win that particular bidding war lol.

Disney isn’t as powerful as when they put Hamilton on either.

1 Like