Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

The actual infection he died from MRSA after getting intubated is probably “standard” hospital complication so I guess question is why he got short of breath and needed to be intubated in first place. Of course a million non-nefarious explanations but also could cook up hypothetical James Bond explanations.

1 Like

I mean, 2 people in a month? Both healthy and relatively young? Under weird ass circumstances? Highly unlikely to be coincidence and the only conspiracy I actually believe is Epstein did not kill himself (because he didn’t).

1 Like

Gotta be weird being the hiring manager for Boeing.

1 Like

Yeah the timing here is important for this part. This story is totally normal for someone with a MRSA pneumonia, which can happen after you get the flu or something like that.

Overall, it’s a fairly common story for someone who has acute respiratory failure, but the what was first here changes how I feel about it pretty quickly. It certainly is good conspiracy fodder.

1 Like

Caption: Boeing Employee of the Year 2024

(this is all shamelessly stolen from a reddit post with a lot of upvotes already, I am very angry I didn’t do this myself).

1 Like

So I wonder how big a company has to be to be allowed to get away with murder in the Corporate States of America?

Way smaller than you think. It’s funny how we never talk about American organized crime. What exactly do people think American organized crime would look like?

To be clear American here means plain old white. We obviously love talking about any time minorities do organized crime.

Well there’s sort of a sliding scale, right? Like they can’t go offing rival c suites on a whim, but a whistleblower? Fuck yeah, that’s the good stuff for Corporate America! And was it eBay that was torturing and threatening to kill and considering killing a blogger who criticized them? Oh inject that right into the Fortune 500’s veins!

I’m sorry but excuse me? American organized crime is a huge part of pop culture, with celebrities like Al Capone, Costello, Gambino, and Gotti. Or are we not counting them because they’re Italian?

The mob is a lot more boring now than it used to be though.

The story is actually much funnier if the deaths really are a coincidence. It’s like when those dudes thought Walter White killed that tweaker.

3 Likes

There’s a hilarious version of this where Boeing is holding board meetings yelling at each other like, “Which one of you fuckers authorized this???”

But I think there’s only like a 25% chance we’re living on that timeline.

Shit like this makes my blood boil.

Proves the whole damn thing is nothing but a fraud. Frankie over in Vatican City needs to expel every last one of these guys involved in the coverup. And feed them to the Lions. Guillotine would be too kind.

Interesting story:

That’s disheartening, because I really want this money to be real, maybe even as much as FAMU’s president seems to. I think it would be great for FAMU specifically, and great for HBCUs generally. And while being beholden to one wealthy scion does not always bode well for these universities, it’s still a chance for FAMU to establish itself as the premier destination for young people, especially young black people, in America. It would also be embarrassing if, instead of a life-changing donation, FAMU gets hustled by a confidence man and an overeager president.

(noted elsewhere in the story: Gerami is 30 years old)

lol, Gerami is about to get busted by those newly hired IRS agents.

1 Like

My Cincinnati raised wife saw something today that included a photo of some arch-bishop that admitted to 5 counts of failure to report child sex abuse. I don’t remember the context, but the picture had nothing to do with his crimes and just treating as some good dude from history.

She says the real story was this guy actively recruited and accepted the pedo turds from other places and then abuse the locals.

She got white hot the second she saw the picture. I’m usually the one railing about the catholic priests.

His conviction is on his Wikipedia but it’s not the main focus. Methinks someone is carefully curating it to minimize the reference. It’s under a heading about his time as arch-bishop. Clearly should be the top line and have its own header.

1 Like

Things california should be doing:

https://x.com/YIMBYLAND/status/1791542483450548277

1 Like

It’s Wikipedia. Edit it. Be the change.

Pretty confident it’s heavily policed.