Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

I guess Trump was wrong and they didn’t send all the “bad hombres” across the border. Holy shit!

Some rare good news:

His Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and allied parties appeared to have secured almost 300 of 543 seats in Parliament, early election results showed, which would give them a simple majority. But the BJP may fall short of a majority on its own, with the opposition performing better than expected after exit polls had suggested Modi’s alliance would win by a landslide.

That result would weaken Modi, whose dominance over India has steadily grown since he gained power in 2014, and leave him dependent on forming a coalition to remain in power. Even that could be in doubt, as Rahul Gandhi, leader of the opposition Indian National Congress, left open the possibility that he may try to form a coalition with two parties allied with the BJP that used to be Congress’ partners.

rofl nukes!

https://x.com/TheGoodLiars/status/1796981681481564305

Same school that had the nazi salute prom kids.

Fun article, kind of about Japanese baseball but also the way America works in contrast:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/boydesian/status/1799069742294335612

4 Likes

This is a 2024 article? Those prices really don’t seem that bad compared to going to e.g. an Applebee’s.

1 Like

You’re one of the last people I’d expect to have seen the inside of an Applebee’s.

I think I may have been to one once when I wasn’t the decider, but no, not on the regular. But I see their commercials advertising food prices and such.

He’s also bougie like Natty in the stryofoam.

Caitlin Clark might be good for the WNBA but she’s terrible for enabling misogynist & racist take-havers who don’t care in the slightest about women’s sports. On her being left off the US Olympic team (which seems completely expected & correct; she’s a rookie still adjusting to this level of play, 13th in the WNBA in scoring but with bad shooting percentages and the most turnovers in the league):

Seems pretty surprising that Brink made the team if Clark didn’t.

She didn’t

People need to understand two key points on this topic.

1. Caitlin Clark is not currently one of the top 12 women’s basketball players in the US.

2. Caitlin Clark really needs a break, and is probably at least somewhat relieved to not be on the Olympic roster. She will make the team in 2028.

Bonus point everyone needs to understand:

The people arguing on the internet or in sports media supposedly supporting Caitlin Clark are the same people who have always hated on women’s sports. Anyone who has actually been a supporter of women’s sports before this year has none of these terrible takes.

It’s part of the game.

Now you know how hip hop heads felt about Eminem, who was considerably less talented than CC.

NBA comparison since you’re a spurs fan. Wemby has had inarguably a better rookie season than Caitlin Clark, and no NBA fan thinks he’s currently the best player in the league or threw a fit that he didn’t make an All-NBA team. That’s what’s happening but as a tool for misogynistic racist takes instead. Feel bad for CC as she is pretty much just a pawn in all of this, and this whole situation probably sucks for her.

1 Like

Oh, for sure. I still visit the sports message boards of ye olde and it’s depressing.

1 Like

Oh, I thought I saw somewhere that she had. Oops.

https://x.com/kokeshimum/status/1799180635245818177?t=LwMXYaICaRb91NqTfa53JA&s=19