Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

i mean, it’s a good idea for an organization to represent them, but also everyone’s first job could be a union job, and it would make it more likely their future jobs would also be union.

2 Likes

The Iowa bill, introduced by state Sen. Jason Schultz (R), would permit children as young as 14 to work in industrial freezers and meat coolers, provided they are separate from where meat is prepared, and work in industrial laundry.

The Iowa proposal would also expand hours teenagers can work during the school year, and would shield businesses from civil liability if a youth worker is sickened, injured or killed on the job.

JFC

1 Like

Any guesses as to what type of people fill most of the bolded jobs?

Summary

Meatpacking plants are filled with hard-working immigrants like the Martinez family.

Many are first-generation immigrants coming from countries across Asia, Central America and Africa.

Source: Many of the employees at Iowa’s meatpacking plants were already in vulnerable positions. Then COVID hit the plants [ Iowa Public Radio ]

I couldn’t quickly find stats for laundry workers, but I think we can be pretty confident that in Iowa, non-whites are over-represented.

1 Like

Can’t read the full article, what is the MN law?

THESE LAZY MILLENNIALS ARE ON THEIR TOCK TOCKS WHEN THEY COULD BE MINING GOOD AMERICAN COAL

1 Like

So this train thing is going to be a slow burn eh?

Dewine says he’d drink bottled water and would “probably” return to a home in the vicinity.

Rousing endorsement for “its safe”.

EPA admin is on now saying how much they’ve tested. Don’t mean shit unless he is standing at ground zero, breathing the air, drinking the water. Even better, make them take their pets.

Canary tech is BACK, baby!

1 Like

One of my earlier cassettes

lol. corrupt the whole way down.

I honestly thought there was some chance Gaetz would get got, lol me.

Good thing they gave Joel Greenberg a sweet plea bargain in exchange for snitching on Gaetz. Great job guys. Maybe Gaetz wasn’t the biggest fish here, but c’mon.

Greenberg reached a plea deal with investigators in May 2021 in which he agreed to provide “substantial assistance” to prosecutors as part of their ongoing investigation into Gaetz and others, according to sources familiar with the arrangement. The former tax collector provided investigators with years of Venmo and Cash App transactions and thousands of photos and videos, as well as access to personal social media accounts.

He was facing decades in prison before reaching the deal, which led to probes of two dozen individuals, including eight people being investigated for sex crimes, seven for public cooperation, and 10 for election fraud, according to Greenberg’s attorney, Fritz Scheller. Four individuals have been indicted in part due to Greenberg’s cooperation, and Scheller said two additional new indictments related to crimes stemming from fraudulent COVID-19 relief loans were expected in the coming months.

The LOL LAW thread is over there

Allegedly Greenberg is a terrible witness. But lol he got a deal. If they didn’t get geatz then they should got the other guy to the full extent

There’s no way Gaetz did it guys, c’mon. The entire establishment, right and left, loathes the guy. There’s no way they’re covering up for THIS guy on THIS crime. It’s far more likely we got fed some hopium/fake news, and they got out over their skis trying to take down this guy they hate and gave some sweetheart deals to shitty witnesses.

This should make us re-evaluate our information sources, and ask what other bullshit we’ve bought into.

1 Like

Counter point: he’s rich (well, his dad is at least) and surely has some stories to tell about his colleagues.

1 Like

you think there’s 4% these balloons are aliens and 0% chance gaetz is a diddler?

I bet they didn’t even investigate how often he goes to disney. smh my head

1 Like

Maybe 5% he’s a pedophile. I’m at like 99% those balloons are China at this point.

1 Like

NCAA is having what seems like an important federal hearing. It’s not going well

I’m on the side of the free market on this one, for once.