Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

Are there any evacuations? I guess they don’t evacuate “in case of landslide?”

Do they only call it “the 101” when there are cars on it?

1 Like

I’ve never heard of landslide evacuations. they’re just advising people not to travel tonight. Of course, I’ll be going out.

You know, you don’t have to be true to your screen name.

1 Like
6 Likes

yes, however it’s open mic standup night and I have an absolutely terrible bit about CA rain/drought I’ve been waiting to bomb with forever.

1 Like

for real though eggs are like $6 now for a dozen.

not average, that’s still ~$4/dozen. but if you weren’t already spending $6/dozen on eggs, that’s just leaving delicious value on the table. any half decent local producer blows away most supermarket eggs. i think i saw $8/dozen in seattle last week for some free-range something. the rest or the prices seemed normal

it was just the crappy normal eggs at stater bros. $5.60 iirc. I never even check the price on eggs because historically they’re usually less than $2.

for $2 more if I could get some organic non cruelty ones that’d be cool

for that price it better live up to its name.

1 Like

It’s only “the 101” in LA. It’s “101” in the Bay.

3 Likes

katie porter just announced she’s running for feinstein’s seat

that’s actually yuuuuge, she’s gonna win too. might lose the seat in ca-47 though, she had a weirdly close race with an actual criminal.

3 Likes

This will be a huge upgrade from Feinstein to Porter!

1 Like

Pretty sure the tipped over lawn chair meme comes from the great DC earthquake many years ago.

1 Like

It barely rained here. So weird. in surrounding areas it dumped, but we’ve only had a very light rain off and on. lol californians

right after I posted that the wind picked up a lot, my cat’s losing his shit

Hopefully in the litter box.

4 Likes

last two weeks have been rowdiest weather I’ve ever seen in SF. I was born here but grew up in western Chicago burbs where powerful weather was part of the deal, but for me this is the first time SF has felt like anything like that. Mailman just came by walking his route in the middle of another twenty-minute sky eruption, I offered him coffee but dude was just giggling like a merrier king lear, handed me my mail that was completely caked in hail. Whole neighborhood’s been up since 2am, not from the thunder (though there’s been triple the thunder in last twelve hours than I’ve heard in twenty years) but from shrieking wind and sideways rain. Trees down everywhere, streets are streams, REPENT

6 Likes

I did a legit spit-take on that one.