Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

Who is made happy by this statement? Right-wingers will still be furious at them for this word salad not saying “we apologize for doing wokeness and will never acknowledge the humanity of trans people again”, there’s obviously nothing here for left-wingers, like ten moderates in the DC suburbs are probably like “yes this makes me warm and fuzzy inside” but that’s it!

3 Likes

Something had to be done bro

jfc, the part about him loving his country couldn’t be in a smaller text without being fucking FINE PRINT!

way to stand up to the angry mob

What the hell does “Bud Light caters to a mob” even mean? They’re a mass-market beer company, catering to the mob is their entire business!

Pathetic.

I saw a car with car paint messages today of “Trump 2024 third election victory in a row” and “this bud is not for you”

Why are you going to Myrtle Beach

1 Like

AOC dunks are very fun

4 Likes

It really can’t be overstated how AOC the clueless commie Millennial and etc bartender saw the scam coming miles away and all of the serious business bro dipshits were ready to set $100M on fire.

1 Like

Strong support for the “corporate eDems are in on it” drum that @commonWealth has been banging so frequently lately.

1 Like

If you’re paying attention the fact that they’re in on it is obvious.

1 Like

The key distinction IMO is figuring out the specifics of what in on it means. Like they don’t actually want abortion to be banned or interracial marriage to be banned or a Trump dictatorship, so you have to figure out why they’re letting that stuff happen. Once you find a frame for it, you can back test and apply it to all future situations and see if it fits.

So far, “Their #1 priority, by far, is protecting corporations and the wealthy,” is undefeated.

Yeah, to be clear, I share this point of view. Back on UP I posted about it many times.

The question of what can be done about it is the tough one. Unfortunately I think things probably need to get worse, maybe a lot worse, before enough people care enough to do something.

And there’s always the possibility that it gets a lot worse, people start caring, but it’s too late because the fascists have control.

Anyway, if there was a pro-guillotines party, I’d be a charter member.

Earlier this week:

A few days later:

Bezos’s New $500 Million Superyacht Is Undergoing Sea Trials

The 417-foot (127-meter) Koru left a shipyard in the Netherlands last week and anchored Wednesday off the coast of Spain near Mallorca, where it’s undergoing tests.

[ … ]

The three-masted superyacht is estimated to have cost the Amazon .com Inc. founder more than $500 million. Bezos, 59, is the world’s third-richest person with a fortune of $126.2 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

I saw a tweet where someone suggested their cryptic “brewed in Northern Illinois” statement on their website, combined with the breweries in that area that can actually ship across states, makes it highly likely this grift is repackaging the very beer psycho right-wingers were shooting up with guns lolol

1 Like

Oh for sure.

1 Like

Yup, pretty much. There’s a chance that we thread the needle as the Boomers die off and younger voters get more power, having had the shit end of the deal for a while.

Wait, what?

Yeah, toward the end of the his presidency Nixon would get rip-roaring drunk and order all kinds of crazy stuff. The generals just chose not to listen to him when he was in that state. The guy had all kinds of serious mental health issues.