Politics & News LC thread - Vivek and John Candy were right

Apparently there’s one source for this claim:

I’ve heard the Nixon being drunk bit from biographies that seem legit, but they could be wrong.

5 Likes

Wtf is this shit. The one couple must live somewhere near me.

Life is a Ponzi scheme. At some point an increasing population will cause a crash. Jfc if there is a serious population drop, then I’m sure humans with access to more resources will procreate like rabbits.

Though they define themselves politically as conservatives – Malcolm invariably votes Republican – they claim to favour LGBT rights and abortion rights and oppose any attempt to pressure those who don’t want children into parenthood.

Lol breeders

wait it says they’re “Londoners” but they’re voting republican, the article mentions their “alarming realisation about the future of the UK” but the picture of them is on a farmhouse with an American flag, wtf is going on?

also their glasses look stupid as fuck

fwiw I didn’t read the article just skimmed the first paragraph

Maybe this was an early attempt at AI generated fake news. Still a few bugs to work out I guess.

Those are two different couples, the article isn’t the best writing for clarity.

This is just veiled white supremacy with more steps. seriously, that’s all it is.

1 Like

Hahahahahayes

1 Like

pretty much every lawyer I’ve heard talk about this has said fox is screwed here

1 Like

You can never predict what a jury is going to do, but Fox sure seems screwed.

1 Like

Can you define “screwed” here?

i don’t see how dominion could possibly accept a settlement. the publicity they are getting from it is so righteous, worth well north of billions. maybe tens.

1 Like

evidence in first amendment cases has to be strong, but legal experts say even in this case it’s exceptionally strong - if this is ruled in fox’s favor, defamation suits against media will be essentially meaningless (from my primitive layman’s understanding). it seems really open and shut.

Sure, but what does that actually mean in terms of consequences? What, if anything, will happen to Fox as a result?

I mean, they’re not gonna go out of business or anything wild. my guess is they try to settle

1 Like

North of a billion dollars in damages seems to be their worst case scenario. It could end up being far less of course.

Your definitions of “screwed” are FAR different than mine.