Stocks Thread (A/K/A STONKS THREAD)

1 Like

This exactly tracks. Thanks for link.

Yeah, the ehrmehgherd teh sherplerfters shtick has always felt like bullshit. I am glad someone finally looked into it.

Yeah Chris Hayes did a good segment on it a little while back. It’s just a bunch of bullshit to distract from weaker earnings, mainly.

See also:

The CNN story quotes these guys:

The National Retail Federation said that retailers’ losses, known as shrink, increased 19% last year to $112 billion, based on a survey of 177 retailers.

Peter absolutely goes to town on them in the IBCK ep, they’re a bunch of clowns and somehow the media reports what they say like it’s serious.

2 Likes

The stonking is on this week :vince3:

Weapons manufacturers are just printing money.

Earnings this week nerds

If you remove the Magnificent 7, the S&P 500 is actually down for the ytd.

Happy investing!

Tingo earnings are 8:00 Tuesday. I’m expecting more fake numbers that will pump the stonk, at which point I’ll re-short if possible. I’ll even buy a few shares before then, which I didn’t think of until typing this post. I often forget that the Buy button isn’t just for covering shorts!

I for one am excited about GRINDR numbers and BJ numbers

inflation reporting low. stonks stonking

:vince1:

:coolbiden:

BIDENOMICS

I’m exiting a bunch of stuff today lol.

:harold:
My big brain FPS has awoken the SEC:

the public interest and the protection of investors require a suspension in the trading of the securities of Tingo Group, Inc

Halted since 4am, <24hr after I bought. My plan was to sell almost immediately after earnings (released at 7am). Given the miss, I probably woulda had to sell for a loss, maybe 15% or so, but now it appears I’m locked into -100% lol. There go my previous gains from shorting it.

Final closing price $0.69. Legends!

1 Like

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

NU Call

This is the top leg of my long call butterfly spread from last month that expires next Friday. I was totally expecting this to expire worthless, now it might even hit the break-even price of $9.60 (probably not but still somehow profitable as it only cost $0.10 at purchase).

Unfortunately, I sold the low-end $7.50 call too soon and left a LOT of money on the table :frowning:

NU calls and NU in general just keeps printing money. Up way way way over 100% YTD. I reckon our boay Mr. Buffet knew what he was doing when he bought all those shares last year or whenever it
was. This is now my favorite stock.

YTD performance:

Earnings out after close today, I expect it will keep rising but I dunno, feels like some profit-taking has to be in order soon.

Now it’s all cash-secured puts on PLTR until Santa comes