Stocks Thread (A/K/A STONKS THREAD)

And of course NU crushes earnings, record revenues. Warren by god Buffet

House passes bill to keep the gubmint open, sorry mortgage company that moneys going to STONKS

NU is a Brazilian fintech?

Correct, like SOFI but profitable (minus the name on an NFL stadium).

It’s also one of the Berkshire Hathaway stonks if that sort of thing matters to you.

1 Like

I’ll take a look, probably too late though… The BRKB thing matters to me in the sense that I feel warm and fuzzy if I get into something and then Berkshire makes the same move or does something similar, or if they do it and I can get in at a similar price, I’ll take a look. If it’s up like 100% already that’s a little :harold: for me.

Oh wow. So, apparently they just released the updated BRK.B list and they made some changes last quarter. They dropped both NU and BAC! Both are rated “strong buy” right now by a bunch of different institutions. This list must have been updated within the last couple of weeks because I look at it fairly regularly (which is how I found out about NU). The only “fintech” company he has left on there is ALLY and the only bank is C.

That list can’t be right, it doesn’t have AAPL on it. Here’s a bigger list - they’re still in NU and BAC. Accurate as of 8/14/23, which means there’s probably going to be a new 13-F filing right around now.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know. I know the list I linked is absolutely different than the one Yahoo had up last week, which was the last time I looked at it, and I have it as one of my watch lists on there.

Do A and B have different holdings? I always assumed they were the same, just that B has fewer shares of them so as to be “affordable” for retail plebs and etfs.

They’re the same, but they definitely have more than 20 holdings and AAPL is their biggest. Not sure how Yahoo is generating that list.

They updated their filing on 11/14, here’s a direct link.

1 Like

haha the translator built into Chrome has some trouble with Portuguese on the NU website I guess, or maybe this is why the stock is doing so well i dunno

I just looked it up, nude is nu in Portuguese. Gonna have to ask my wife about this!

Alright, she says that’s not the word that would be typically used in conversation to describe somebody being nude or naked, but it does mean that depending on the accent over the u. She looked it up and the bank chose the name in part because they said they are without clothes in terms of transparency, and in part because it sounds like “new” in English.

1 Like

NUDE down to 8 lol jump on

Apparently Berkshire is actually in somewhere in the $9 to $11 range after the IPO?

Yep, fancy play syndrome. Sorry for your loss.

I definitely wouldnt be happy to have a lot of exposure to Tesla right now. When the entire EV market is showing signs of a slowdown in interest, Toyota contniues to invest and make real headway in their battery’s range which is becoming more of the important part moving forward.

1 Like

“Cisco is a buy” Cramer literally yesterday

“I don’t see anything stopping Palo Alto Networks.” same dumbass also yesterday

I’ve been holding CSCO since January 6. All gains for the year wiped out overnight

What happened to Cisco?

This is…pretty compelling.