Stocks Thread (A/K/A STONKS THREAD)

rofl

1 Like

Fuck tech bros. What a bunch of god damn weirdo sociopath asshole fucking douche bags.

What happened now? I saw the CEO got ousted.

Nothing happened, just this techbro complaining that Biden should step in and force this private company to rehire Altman as CEO or whatever lol

Sounds like communism!

So puts on all human progress on Monday

Nikita bier is literally the worst sort of tech bro, he hasn’t built anything remotely productive but has somehow managed two big exits, absolute navel gazing exhochamber brain

1 Like

god my linkedin feed is 100% fucking dipshits crying about sama

shut the fuck up

1 Like

I haven’t been paying close attention to this but apparently there’s been tons of whiplash

https://twitter.com/ashleevance/status/1726469283734274338

:leolol:

Maybe Microsoft should have you know, negotiated for some power before pumping $15 billion into this shit show?

On the one hand it’s great that the nonprofit part of the org holds all the power over the for profit part. On the other hand that still doesn’t solve what the potential of all that money does to individual people whether employees or executives or investors or board members.

This was either some crazy power play by that Ilya guy, or this was the non profit side deciding they were at an inflection point and they needed to take swift action to maintain their control before too much of the company was won over b the allure of getting filthy rich.

Hey what’s $15 billy when you’re worth almost $3 trilly?

I assume in the same thought process that led Google to made Android free, Microsoft was ok with putting 15 billion into nonprofit OpenAI as long as it’s product could make Bing a real threat to Google’s core search business. It wasn’t really about getting control over the company but about undermining one of their biggest competitors

I think they succeeded there and justified their investment already. I haven’t switched to Bing out of inertia but I have a higher opinion of their search than Google’s and I don’t think I’m alone. That wasn’t the case before integrating openAI.

Google search is complete trash. The first several results are ads and the majority of the rest are disguised ads. It’s a hellscape.

3 Likes

Just like Amazon shopping experience. Still it’s hard to overestimate incumbent advantage. There’s over a million people still paying subscription to AOL.

legit unusable and AI generated seo spam somehow made it even worse than it already was

1 Like

Amazon still works to find things with having to append the word reddit to everything

2 Likes

WaPo says hundreds of employees are threatening to quit and join Altman at Microsoft unless the board resigns and he’s reinstated as CEO: OpenAI’s future in chaos as employees threaten to quit, join Altman at Microsoft

Is this what makes Silicon Valley realize that collective action works? Also, it would be incredible if the board leaks the real reason they booted him and it’s real bad.

lol Levine is so good:

3 Likes