Stocks Thread (A/K/A STONKS THREAD)

I’ll admit my point is basically the same as ‘if every Republican was like Mitt Romney this country wouldn’t be in such a bad situation’. That’s also true.

1 Like

His life story is pretty incredible. And I have a massive soft spot for people willing to relentlessly call out bullshit.

1 Like

Billionaires have to have some super negative things about them to ever become billionaires, but yeah if every billionaire was Warren and Charlie the world is a lot better place.

Billionaire WAR advanced stats?

If every Republican had binders of women?

Idk why Hindenburg doesn’t have this on their site, but:

https://nitter.net/HindenburgRes/status/1724156604583415978#m

Just a Nasdaq-listed 1.2b market cap company that owns a few water parks such as this one:

https://nitter.net/pic/orig/media%2FF-1r9a0XUAAIDfr.jpg

https://nitter.net/pic/orig/media%2FF-1swf9WUAASEDE.jpg

Trading about where it was when Hindenburg made those tweets.

Note to self: do not, under any circumstances, long this company even for a second!

Efficient markets

Yep, up >600% since the beginning of September on scant news. Hindenburg’s tweets initially caused a crash, but then the “fuck you I’m buying more!” crowd came in, as they usually do after every short report.

Holy shit that thread gets wilder and wilder.

Happy Monday stonk degens. What are your plays for this week? Feels like UBER puts are on the menu

1 Like

Hopefully Joe Rogan is safe

Yeah I had a limit order to short UBER at $60. Also for DASH at $100 but it got close enough that I didn’t wait for the extra pennies, I shorted via market order.

But my bigger play was shorting SHOT yesterday:

They sell a beverage that claims to reduce your blood-alcohol level by 50% in 30 minutes. It just became available yesterday on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-Shot-Hydration-Electrolytes-Nootropics/dp/B0CNTWWJ2K

Supposedly it already sold out, unclear how many they sold. It already has three 5-star reviews from last week despite not being available until yesterday.

Ingredients:

Triple Filtered Purified Water, Apple Extract, Natural Flavors, N-acetyl Cysteine, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, N-acetyl! Tyrosine, Taurine, Milk Thistle, Dandelion Extract, Glycine, Sucralose, Calcium Citrate, Mucuna Pruriens, Cognizin® Citicoline, Caffeine Anhydrous, Phenylalanine, Theobromine, Potassium Sorbate (preserve freshness), Magnesium Citrate, Sodium Benzoate (preserve freshness), Potassium Chloride, Panax Ginseng, Synephrine HCL Methylliberine (as Dynamine®), Theacrine (as TeaCrine®), Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid), Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate and Pyridoxine HCL), Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)

I don’t see anything novel in that list that would lend credence to their bold claim, but I’m no doctor.

Other than that, I’m hoping for tomorrow’s GME earnings to crash it back down like usual. And I hope yesterday was the top for NEGG, but the fact that it didn’t immediately nosedive at 9:30 today suggests it’s still alive.

2 Likes

Lol, that’s wild. That claim could be true a huge % of the time regardless of whether or not you drink their product, unless you are chugging hard alcohol or massive amounts of beer very quickly.

As an aside IIRC alcohol metabolism kinda an interesting mix of zeroth order metabolism with a fixed amount metabolized at higher blood concentrations and then at lower concentration flips to a more a traditional first order half life metabolism.

1 Like

I can tell you it’s bullshit based on the claim of 30-50% decrease in concentration alone.

Alcohol is one of the very few drugs that are eliminated by what’s call zero order kinetics, where the same amount of the drug is eliminated per unit time without changing due to the concentration of the drug. It’s also very water soluble, so you won’t be able to bind it to something less the way praxbind or whatever works.

Alcohol is also very quickly absorbed, it’s not hanging out in your gut for hours. They claim to speed up your liver function too.

Their website talks about using a breathalyzer, and I can’t find the details of their study. I’m guessing they had volunteers take a shot, use the breathalyzer quickly after so it was falsely elevated, then retake the breathalyzer later when it isn’t falsely elevated. The stimulants in the drink make you think you’re more sober subjectively.

3 Likes

Apparently this alcohol metabolism/testing/etc is really fun research to do (or has been at times). Talked with a researcher awhile back who said his studies always had a waiting list of undergrad frat guys wanting to get a nice bolus of IV alcohol and things would get quite rowdy. Apparently the rapid onset euphoria is pretty substantial compared to taking a shot. Gotta assume they probably more regulation on this these days.

I’ve only seen iv alcohol used once, for a guy who drank antifreeze and the hospital didn’t have fomepizole in bumfuck Louisiana. They ran out of the alcohol too, but then just gave him vodka trying to keep his back between 0.1 to 0.2

“Don’t put more than 5% of your port into one stonk” they said

Somehow the share price is rising “even as the company reduces its total share count through buybacks.”

Lol yeah that’s exactly how that works.

3 Likes

Yeah local CNBC reporter seemed genuinely confused by that