Stocks Thread (A/K/A STONKS THREAD)

To be fair, they do continue to make a lot of money every year…

As if we needed more confirmation that SHOT is a fraud, the company responded to the short report by suing its author as well as Benzinga for reporting on it. Not only that, the attorney they hired is Mark Basile, the go-to guy for frauds like MMTLP and MULN. Side note: recently a MULN bagholder made a credible death threat against the guy in a Twitter Space titled “Mark Basile a lying jew”: Antisemitic MULN psycho threatens to hire a contract killer for someone associated with MMTLP : gme_meltdown

Benzinga should get shut down… but probably not for this reason. Those guys PnD so many trashcos.

1 Like

GME -0.01 EPS despite lots of cost-cutting.

ETA: and now the company will use its cash to buy stonks lol this wasn’t on my bingo card.

Yesterday TRKA pumped 45% on no news, redditors were like “Omg somebody must know something!” so they piled in at the top, now this morning the company announced bankruptcy, stonk has crashed >65% so far. Apes and getting rugpulled, name a more iconic duo!

Hopefully you went all in on shorting :vince:

1 Like

Hah yeah between TRKA and GDHG, xmas came early for me today. Nah it wasn’t my biggest position, the borrow fee is high and I had no clue how much/little time I’d have to be in it. Idk who was even keeping the stonk up, maybe it was being promoted to retail traders in China.

Now I just have to decide what price to cover at.

1 Like

Any idea what triggered the bottom falling out specifically today?

They announced intent to enter into an operational lease agreement with a “top-tier Chinese amusement group (‘the Group’)”.

Pursuant to the Agreement, that is presently under negotiation, the Group’s theme park in Wuhan, Hubei Province in central China is expected to become the pilot leased park to the Company.

I wouldn’t have expected a 92% drop based on that sentence, so I’m clearly missing something obvious.

Still haven’t covered. At the moment my target is $1 (which I reckon is generous), but I’ll keep an eye on the order book and action.

ETA: covered at $1.88. As for TRKA, those apes will probably make me have to hold to share cancellation.

Now you go for the big swing and switch to long :vince:

F is finally rising from the ashes, my LEAPS along with it

Car & Driver gave the 2024 F-150 Lightning 9/10, fuck yo Tesla

1 Like

BITF to the MOON boys get in while the gittin is gud

Rivian got 10/10 but looks weird

I lost way too much on this POS last time around. The greed got me.

It’s kind of a moron play on my part. I bought a call because the wsb degens kept alerting me to the buttcoin rise and I’ve already made a bit selling MARA puts but IV is just insane on this, like 135%-ish, odder because they only trade monthlies.

What i should have done was sell the call and take the profit. But with the way it’s been moving, ie the way butt coin is moving, I figured wth? I exercised. So today. I sold a $3 covered call against the shares with 12/15 expiration for $.36 and will be fine with them getting called away. Though all the dorks are saying HODL until the “halving event” in April which is supposed to be some magical thing that makes buttcoin cost even more or some shit, which theoretically means higher share price for the mining stonks, since their worth is mainly tied to how much of it they’ve already mined. :man_shrugging:

The morans are out in force pumping crypto stonks and there’s a lot of money to be made if you play it right. I’ve proven to myself multiple times that I’m 100% incapable of doing so though. I hope you have more discipline than me.

yeah they are mostly dogshit, and I am in no way investing a lot of money into any of them. I have read too many stories of people selling csp’s on RIOT and MARA and then bagholding for months, right up until here recently actually. Though arguably since they’re up now maybe that was a good thing all along? Still probably a lot of opportunity cost if it could have been put in one of the many things that have actually done well this year

anyhow i already got assblasted by crapto once, not interested in getting it again. It’s just amazing to see even shitcoins going up and up for no reason like it’s 2021 again

Hah well that could have worked, because it did go to the 2.20’s or maybe the 2.40’s not long after I covered (before turning back around and finishing the week at 1.34)

MT Newswires
2:43 PM ET Dec-08-2023

02:43 PM EST, 12/08/2023 (MT Newswires) – (Updates with stock’s recent movement in headline and first paragraph)

MBIA (MBI.NaE) shares soared nearly 79% in recent Friday trading, a day after the bond insurance company declared an extraordinary cash dividend and reported dividends from its National Public Finance Guarantee unit.

After the market closed on Thursday, MBIA (MBI.NaE) said it will pay an extraordinary cash dividend of $8 per share on Dec. 22 to stockholders of record on Dec. 18 for a total of $409 million.

MBIA (MBI.NaE) also said the New York state’s Department of Financial Services has approved a $550 million extraordinary dividend to be paid to the company by National.

Additionally, the company said it received an as-of-right dividend of $97.2 million from the unit on Nov. 20.

MBIA (MBI.NaE) said it will retain the remaining dividends from the unit and use them for general corporate purposes.

Price: 13.20, Change: +5.82, Percent Change: +78.86

MT Newswires does not provide investment advice. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.

ex date is 12/18 so you can still buy shares and capture the dividend

What a day, somehow S&P hit a new 52-wk high and the Mag7 were negative

What yall doing this week?

Wonder if LYFT has any juice left?