Television & Movies

No context Succession

Roman: “I’m not crazy myself about dying.”
Kendall: “I know, right? It’s bullshit.”

Barry seems like it’s getting crazy in a good way?

2 Likes

2 episodes in and this is fantastic so far.

1 Like

Yeah I am four episodes in and enjoy it. For anyone who liked The Joe Schmoe Show this is very much on that track.

this writer strike is dumb. they’re striking for the exact same reason they did in 08 or whenever it was.

Getting more money seems like a good reason to strike?

1 Like

but presumably this issue was resolved a while back, or so I thought. their main gripe is revenue from streaming services.

the strike doesn’t just affect them - all the supporting crew doesn’t get shit for pay til these guys get back to work.

not saying they should or shouldn’t strike as much as I was a little amused/annoyed it was for the exact same reason 15 years ago. They must have accepted a terrible deal back then.

last strike annoyed me because it cut short season 4 of the office, which was by far the absolute peak. those episodes are lost forever to corporate greed.

Eh they’ve been getting screwed pretty hard since the last deal. Look up what a mini room is. Also several other entertainment industry unions are going to be in the exact same spot over the next year or so.

I will default to the side of labor in all disputes in the absence of evidence that suggests otherwise. Pay the writers.

8 Likes

well I’m the last person in this group to watch last of us and what the fuck

Just finished Ep 5 and I never want to watch tv ever again

1 Like

Yeah, seriously. Are we going to take the side of the Harvey Weinsteins of the world? The fact that the writers didn’t get a good enough deal last time isn’t cause for switching sides.

I am just hoping we get some more of the esoteric content we got from last time, like Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog.

I’m so far behind on my TV that I can live off of reserves for as long as the strike lasts. I only just finished S2 of Succession.

who is switching sides?

some labor disputes are dumb

1 Like

You, it seems, favored them last time, but not now.

1 Like

alright. You can call a strike dumb without any judgment on a particular side. The fact it went this far is dumb. Not a controversial statement. put words / motives in my mouth though, that’s definitely what made the last site so great.

No, what made the last site great was everyone taking everything in the worst possible way and doubling down on everything all the time instead of just letting things go.

1 Like

3 Likes

In other news, Tigers Are Not Afraid is one of the best movies I’ve seen in a bit that no one seems to be talking about.

i cant believe im just now discovering “veep.” this show is hilarious

1 Like

Finished last of us.

The finale was pretty good but ep. 8, wow.

Watched the first couple episodes of Silo (TV series on Apple), which looked meh from previews but actually seems pretty good? The premise is, a bunch of people (exact number isn’t clear but prob tens of thousands?) live in an extensive underground bunker hundreds of floors deep, but after some kind of rebellion 140 years ago that destroyed their digital systems, no one knows why or how it got there (seems like a glaring plot hole that the people who were alive then couldn’t have just…written it down again, or told people? but I guess you’re supposed to suspend disbelief for that part). The story is that the outside world is poisoned and unlivable, and no one’s allowed to go outside - but then how do you know?

Kind of a mix of 10 Cloverfield Lane and The Matrix and other similar things, it’s got my wife and I hooked. Seems like a lot remains to be unfolded as there’s two stars (Tim Robbins & Common) we’ve barely seen at this point.