Television & Movies

I know I always do this, but… I read the books and they’re pretty good.

Will probably check out the series if I get a chance.

1 Like

man called otto is on netflix now, been wanting to see this one

yeah was gonna pass on Silo but everything I’ve sounds good so I’m in

Did you see the Swedish one (A Man Called Ove)? I thought it was pretty good and don’t really feel a need to watch Tom Hanks in the same role.

1 Like

Do the books ever explain what the cataclysm was that left the outside uninhabitable? I couldn’t find a wiki to answer this question.

Yeah, if I remember right they do explain it. It’s pretty gnarly too.

1 Like

otto was good. kind of sad.

23 days til ITSYL s3

2 Likes

L’m is an interesting trump-esque spelling

2 Likes

:vince:

2 Likes

Hey whatever happened to that Asian media exec guy who made some dick-swinging moves in S1 of Succession? Does he ever come back?

1 Like

Like in the remaining episodes or are you asking for post S1 spoilers? The answer to the latter is yes and the former is probably not.

1 Like

Jesus christ. An otter? A fucking otter???

Finished the Diplomat and… uh?

Bailed on Diplomat after the pilot, I’m good.

Not sure how Mrs. Davis is not getting more press. Through 5 its quite the show. Damon Lind. going from the leftovers/watchmen to this and no one cares is… weird.

Maybe because it’s on Peacock? I hadn’t heard of it and there’s some services where I’m like, yeah, sorry, no matter how good a show sounds getting me to sign up for Corncob TV is a tough sell.

Yeah it’s mid. Good concept and some good scenes here and there but overall pretty meh.

Oh I’m talking about the one on Netflix with Keri Russell

That was in response to Grue’s post about Mrs. Davis.

Hmm I thought Diplomat looked good but sounds skippable. I randomly started The Playlist last night (Netflix miniseries in Swedish about the founding of Spotify), seems pretty good a couple episodes in.

I think the Diplomat is a solid 8 out of 10, which in this era is skippable. What I liked about it was that it wasn’t all that heavy but also wasn’t a WB show.