Television & Movies

1 Like

Second season of Reacher dropped tonight on Prime and it is doing as good a job as the 1st season did capturing the feeling of the books. Civil rights are for people who don’t cross Reacher and usually the bad guys get their due.

1 Like

Saw Godzilla Minus One today.

4/4 Monsters.

FYI it’s a Japanese movie with English subtitles. Not part of the Monsterverse. Very different type of movie (but still Godzilla).

Glad to hear S2 is good so far. My wife (didn’t read the books) liked S1 enough to re-watch it with me (read the books) to get ready for S2. It’s somewhat rare that we like the same shows so I’m looking forward to more.

P.S. Tom Cruise’s Reacher is best put down the memory hole, imo.

Minus One is as legit as Godzilla movies get, it’s made by Toho Studios, who made all of the OG Godzilla movies but haven’t had a theatrical release since 2004. Very hyped to see it.

I think Cruise had the tone right but the whole character is Reacher being huge which is what made it cringe.

1 Like

Reacher was definitely a guilty pleasure for me last year, so I’ve been looking forward to S2.

But I’m irritated to see only 3 episodes available now, then one per week until the finale on 1/19.

I know some people like the weekly drops but I hate them. Once we start watching a season, we like to do an episode every 2-3 days to keep things fresh. Won’t be able to start this one until after new years. :rage:

Reacher

No Roscoe. Major bummer. Makes sense with the nomadic nature.

Are you not familiar with the books? Reacher is constantly moving on, vary rarely are their characters that show up more than once in the series.

Hence my second comment. I just miss Roscoe

Not read the books but aware he moves around in time and place.

1 Like

https://x.com/missmayim/status/1735814025001509226?s=20

2 Likes

Hot take, Oppenheimer was disappointing. Way too long, the love triangle was manufactured and historically inaccurate, would have been an elite 90 minute movie.

Survivor finale

Dee beats anyone. Austin and Jake beat no one. If no Dee and it’s between Katurah and Julie, not sure which way the jury votes (absent something dramatic in the finale).

6-1-1 Dee?

Someone throws one on Jake. Drew votes for Austin.

Slow horses (i don’t think this is much of a spoiler but I’ll blur it anyway)

What’s the deal with cartwright’s grandpa going senile all of a sudden? Dude was super sharp up to this episode, they just needed to manufacture a way for him to relate to Louisa? Seems like there must be some payoff here in the S3 finale?

Seems kinda like filler? Which is weird/unfortunate for a show that doesn’t usually have much, like if we didn’t see that character at all this season the show wouldn’t be any different (I had forgotten about that scene entirely until you mentioned it).

Right, that’s why it stuck out to me

Do we know how long was between series 2 and 3?

not sure but it seemed like they were pretty close together (e.g. the way duffy responded to the diamond gambit made it seem like the end of S2 was just a few weeks ago at most).

anyway just finished S3, I was kind of expecting a letdown but I think it delivered.

oh and while I was waiting for the S3 finale to drop, I finally started Severance, I’m 2 eps in and wow this is really good. Turturro is sooo good. And the aesthetics. Love the Data General terminals, just perfect.

2 Likes