Television & Movies

Just re-watched WWZ. 4 bags. My only real issue is that the dude in the control says “he’s dead if he takes anything in that box” but they readily had the anti-agent on hand.

Was there a detail I missed that he grabbed bacterial meningitis?

Ah just went back with CC and he said “left case”. Guess he got lucky.

As a microbiologist there is no way that all those pathogens are sitting in one room temp container. They’d all be stored in liquid N2 with perhaps small working stocks and each one isolated from the others, not stored in bulk like that. But oh well.

1 Like

Just finished Reacher. Kind of like the latest season of Slow Horses. Less intrigue mostly action.

Enjoyable but not as good.

1 Like

finally caught up and finished the bear S2. not really sure how I feel about the finale. it mostly felt a little anticlimatic, the very last few minutes delivered tho.

It’s been awhile, what happened in the last few minutes? The last thing I remember from that ep is Carmy being emo while locked in the fridge which I assume is not what you’re referring to? But it felt like Richie’s arc completed in a really great way, and also just seeing everything they were working on come together and it’s like, hell yeah, they’re doing it. And is it that ep where they fire the guy for doing meth? lol “we have to fire him…right? Right?”

I could understand if it felt anticlimactic relative to some of the incredible episodes earlier in the season

but it was still great TV imo.

oh yeah top tier for sure

yes the last few minutes I meant the scene in the walk-in (don’t think that really spoils anything)

Holy shit how did I never make this connection

https://twitter.com/jeremysmiles/status/1759104598248145382

1 Like

It’s like All in the Family. Obviously it’s making fun of the propaganda, unless you already believe the propaganda, then it’s chilling warning to attack first and demonize your enemies.

1 Like

Finished true detective night country, uh, penultimate episode was pretty bad, very unsatisfying finale.

Dang, I was waiting for the end to start watching. Is it still worth the watch? Or should I keep catching up with Curb your Enthusiasm?

I’m also watching the sopranos for the first time, 25 years too late.

I don’t think it was terrible or unredeemable, it probably needed a couple of additional episodes to fill in the gaps. Just felt like they cut out a bunch of stuff.

1 Like

I don’t regret watching Night Country but it certainly wasn’t great. Definitely don’t stop watching Curb for it.

1 Like

I already bought my ticket to see Dune 2, like the cool guy I am.

Constellation on Apple+

Off to a very strong start in E1.

Noomi Rapace is perfect for the solo scenes on the ISS and whatever is going on in Sweden.

Lots of intrigue. Lots of questions. Here’s hoping for a great payoff to a great setup.

https://twitter.com/nick_field90/status/1451639934532599812

1 Like

Watched the first two episodes of Shogun and the show is living up to my expectations. The Japanese actors are really good, as is the setting. I love that most of the dialogue is in Japanese as well. Excited to see where they go from these episodes.

2 Likes

Thanks, sounds intriguing! That reminds me, Tokyo Vice S2 is 4 episodes in and pretty good (S1 very worth checking out for anyone who missed it).

1 Like

I saw one for sure and I think 2-3 from Godzilla shows.

Well. Dune is quite epic.

2 Likes