The Convictions of Donald J. Trump: lol

Hear me out this has the potential for comedy gold. At first you think it’ll be funnier if he goes to the prison named after him but then you think about how funny it is if he doesn’t but there still absolutely is one.

1 Like

How about invite him to dedicate the name and then just don’t let him leave?

1 Like

lol law

https://x.com/gtconway3d/status/1777310705420575116?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

:leolol: sounds like a good business model

So the deadline is gone. Start seizing assets.

They’re giving the bonding company a chance to fix their paperwork.

And then what will be the next delay

We know if we didn’t post bond we would be in jail

Isn’t the obvious move here to just start seizing assets and announce that you won’t liquidate any of them until after the appeal, thus no irreversible damage can be done?

Separating my disdain for Trump from this, it does seem wrong that someone can win an appeal and still suffer a significant amount of harm from the original ruling.

It also seems stupid that endless delays are taking place because he’s not actually posting bond. Meanwhile if they take his assets and start liquidating them, the right wing media gets to have a field day and it’s a huge win for them.

2 Likes

Don’t overthink it man. It’s all bullshit, the end.

1 Like

When one gets a 450 million dollar judgment on them. They fucked up

And also. If a poor person fails to post bond they go to jail immediately.

Also fuck trump

1 Like

Good points, and I want to see him take the full L, but I also am sick of his delay tactics working.

Smalll nit here, because F Trump, however this is a civil case not a criminal one. Nobody goes to jail over not posting a civil appeal bond.

2 Likes

I don’t know why, but that is funnier

For real, I can’t tell if Trump is putting on the bronzer extra thick these days or if he’s always been like this and I got used to it.

He’s definitely not using less.

I saw a pic of him the other day and it’s like he’s in blackface now, I thing he’s getting worse.

Boy, I was just reading a CNN synopsis of this case and somehow I had totally forgotten that Cohen has Trump on tape talking about how to make these payments and to use cash. Unless they get a wild juror (always possible), I think Trump is turbofucked on this case. Whether or not being convicted of a crime hurts his polling is another question, but I think he’s probably going to get convicted.

I think he’s drawing thin to a Clay Davis performance on the stand. Hes obviously mega guilty. Manhattan jury is…not good for him.

I kind of do wonder what sort of effect on the election cycle there will be that Donald Trump needs to spend the next month or so spending every day in a Manhattan Courtroom while Joe Biden gets to go campaign. On the other hand, Biden has to actively be president. I don’t know.