The Convictions of Donald J. Trump: lol

Being president in an election year shouldn’t be a disadvantage in any way. You should be able to do popular stuff you’ve been waiting to pop the cork on until 2024. Case and point another round of student loan forgiveness.

SSC now on SPE!

2 Likes

Oh, I still think he’s getting re-elected as president. I just also think he’s going to be convicted in the NY case. Just like he lost multiple civil trials, including one where he was found liable for raping a woman and it hasn’t moved the needle one bit. His voters DGAF, he could just start shooting people and they’d rejoice and vote for him for owning the libs.

To be clear, this is the SSC part.

Hahahahha his stupid stock is down 15%+ today

Lets check in on the trial

LOL A WHOLE THOUSAND DOLLARS THAT WILL STOP HIM FOR SURE

https://x.com/eorden/status/1779907912426487977?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

https://twitter.com/SundaeDivine/status/1779952232265302525

1 Like

You guys will be shocked to learn Trump does not in fact have $175 million to pledge as collateral for the bond. His shady ass bond company gave the court a statement from 2014 lololol also Trump can liquidate the account for 2 days before the company can seize the collateral LOL

Surely NOW they’ll seize Trump Tower :slight_smile:

One of the prospective jurors in the box has read a bunch of Trump’s books. Hopefully they’re not going to have to blow one of their ten peremptory challenges on him and can instead figure out a way to get him to say something that will cause himself. It would be malpractice for the prosecutor to seat him.

The last page is from the CHUDS bond AND the company in question only has 135million in equity so they can’t cover the bond anyway. Let’s see what happens next…

6 of 12 jurors have now been seated. It certainly doesn’t look like jury selection is going to end up taking “weeks.” I like this judge.

Plus alternatives but it does seem to be going fast.

Oof, I would have exercised a peremptory challenge as the prosecution on this one:

It’s kinda an interesting question, like hypothetically the person we most worried about is the one who looks perfectly objective on paper because they are trying to sneak in to save Trump right? So maybe the slightly sketchy guy is safer than a “safe” one?

True. He could be fine. I still would have used a perempt but I wasn’t there.

https://twitter.com/DaveMcNamee3000/status/1780365179412480022

So far for jurors we have (according to Wapo):

An Irish immigrant

A probably millennial female oncology nurse

A corporate lawyer (the most likely problem in the jury but probably still low risk, just a typical NYT/WSJ reader).

An older guy from Puerto Rico (Trump fucking PR as hard as he possibly could as president cannot possibly make this guy a good person to have on the jury, otherwise I’d be a little worried demographically)

A ‘woman of color’ with strong opinions about Trump a little mixed because she has family in law enforcement but I think it’s very unlikely this woman burns her entire social network to the ground to help out Donald.

Another female millenial, this one a SWE who gets her news from NYT and Tiktok.

A civil litigator who is pretty clearly a democrat.

That’s a pretty strong first seven jurors for the prosecution but IANAL. If I was Trump’s defense attorneys I would be expecting to lose here pretty badly. Anyone who hangs the jury runs a very real risk of being persona non grata to a sizable portion of their social network, and the people on the other side can be defanged relatively easily by just saying ‘yeah I was on the jury and the evidence was really strong what was I supposed to do he was guilty’.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that if you were a friend of mine, somehow ended up on this jury, and then decided to let Trump walk on something he was very guilty of we would probably only speak one more time. Getting dismissed from this jury was trivially easy, if you didn’t want the smoke you wouldn’t have been there. So doing this would mean you opted into doing something scary/risky but relatively easy and then fucked it up probably because you were very stealthily a total and complete piece of shit.