The Convictions of Donald J. Trump: lol

IMG_0361

2 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/31/style/emily-ratajkowski-stormy-daniels-sartorial-support/index.html

I vaguely remember from death penalty debates that you have to be out of state appeals before even starting the federal appeals?

R. Crumb is not only still alive, but is working!

How long do you think it’d take to go from now to appellate division through state supreme court?

Yeah I agree at this point. It’s sad seeing that he’s basically an anti-immigrant voter when it’s all said and done, and that’s hard to reconcile with how great he treats my wife, but life is complicated I guess.

Well he’s been consistent on never voting for Biden this election, because he thinks he won’t survive four years and he LOATHES Kamala.

I haven’t brought it up yet, but I assume he thinks she’s the only fair one. Whatever Fox News tells him, I assume.

1 Like

Generally correct.

Years.

And they can’t even start the appeal until sentencing is done, right? And yea they will not apply the sentence until at last the main appeal is done.

So This thing won’t hit federal court for like 2-3 years?

Anything else?

Are people found guilty of 34 felonies and sentenced to prison time normally allowed to remain free while they appeal? Obviously Trump will because rules don’t matter for him, but I feel like normally someone would be in prison during the appeal in a case like that.

It’s a sliding scale based on wealth.

That’s about the size of it.

Non-violent crime where they are not considered a flight risk? Sure. That’s not that uncommon for them to be able to post bail pending appeal.

Mind you, the process doesn’t normally involve the federal courts, or even NY’s highest court. They only get an appeal as a matter of right to the intermediate appellate division.

Even if it hypothetically was involving scotus they could lock him up way before that unless someone else had said no though right?

Like right after the normal appeal they could lock him up even if he said he was appealing to NY highest court or federally?

Law bros, if the appeals court decides to laugh in his face, how quick can that happen?

Sure. In theory.

1-2 years.

Just as a baseline the defense gets 30 days to file the notice of appeal, after the sentencing date, then something like 6 months to perfect the appeal, with opportunities to ask for lots of extensions that are basically always granted, then everyone does briefs, then scheduling of oral arguments, then oral arguments, then judges have to decide, issue a written decision. It’s a lot of shit.

Also in there you’re waiting for court reporters to prepare transcripts, everyone has to agreee on and settle the record, etc.