The Convictions of Donald J. Trump: lol

ah well nevertheless

This line continues to be funny and all, but he was just convicted of 34 felonies.

I’m with you on that, but I also get the sentiment. Even putting aside the possibility of him getting re-elected, looking realistically at the timelines for the various appeals of the NY case and then going through the same thing with any possible conviction in the others, there’s a very real chance he just runs out the clock until he croaks. Or until dementia kicks in and he legit doesn’t know where the fuck he is and then the consequences aren’t really consequences anymore.

I mean if he spends so much in legal fees and fines that he deprives his asshole kids of most of their inheritance, I guess that’s something, but there’s a pretty real chance Trump doesn’t himself get to suffer much outside of “zomg he had to sit in court for so long and had to be nudged to wake up 8x a day haha”.

2 Likes

Would any other defendant not get jail time for these convictions plus the way he behaved in and out of court?

If it’s really “no”, then do we have any reason to believe wouldn’t merchan give that person jail time?

Regular Joe would already be in jail for contempt.

1 Like

lol, conservative Georgia appeals court just blocked Trump’s trial there for several months (blocking it from proceeding until they have a hearing in, like, October about whether Willis should be disqualified or some shit, after which there will be another months-long delay until they rule)

Ah, well, nevertheless!

Fani Willis joining Cal Cunningham in the infuriating own goal Hall of Fame. They probably would have found some other bullshit to delay it anyway, but it sure seems like she made it somewhat easy for them.

Saw someone make the point that a white male sleeping with a woman in the team wouldn’t even raise an eyebrow. Tend to agree.

On last leg of drive from Philly to Rochester NY including a dinner break in Wilkes-Barre.

No signs. Not one. For anybody. Weird.

Just left Rochester yesterday. Have fun!

1 Like

Make sure you have yourself either a red hot or a white hot with hot sauce from a street vendor.

In town for 24h. Pretty sure today is fully scheduled.

Wife was born in Auburn. FIL in Buffalo.

My mother was from Auburn, her dad worked at the prison. I’ve been a few times for funerals.

My parents met at IBM in Rochester in the 1960’s, and my Aunt and Uncle lived there until the 1990’s (my uncle worked for Kodak).

1 Like

spooky how many rochester or rochester-adjacent folks ended up here wtf is this nonsense go back to the actual nice parts of america

Yeah, they’re over-represented here. So is Ohio.

https://x.com/theliamnissan/status/1798361071373390212

1 Like

Took back roads from rochester to Binghamton now. All farm country. Google made some interesting choices. Def drove through 100 miles of boonies.

Sign tally
Trump 1
Biden 0

Less than a handful of local pols. Maybe it’s too early. We’ve driven through this territory before and their was appreciable Trump signs in non election years.

The north country (a.k.a. stefanikland) is worse, but I agree hasn’t been as nutty as last go-round.

My brother in law is from that area too (small town near Rochester, I always forget the name), he converted my sister into a huge Josh Allen fan.

1 Like