The Convictions of Donald J. Trump: lol

Chili? Charlotte? Avon? Irondequoit?

Sorry, just listing off some local towns that aren’t pronounced at all like people not from there think.

The way god intended.

“Chili” is a town? lol. No I always forget because it’s a super generic town name.

Yes, it is, and it’s pronounced CHAI-lye.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate. The drive through the finger lakes and Ithaca is nice. Next time you do it stop at Letchworth.

Next time report back so I can tell you how to secretly judge his childhood town.

1 Like

That’s Versailles, Kentucky level awful.

3 Likes

Charlotte made the long list of names we were considering for our first daughter, but we ruled it out when we realized we couldn’t get over how it was pronounced there: shar-LOT

There’s a Charlotte in Vermont pronounced the exact same way.

2 Likes

ver-SAILS?

Got one for the good guy on the way out of Binghamton.

Recollecting better we saw way more in 2019 and 2020, though those were both in September.

But it also means a lot had been taken down.

Hopefully it’s not all just stealth.

One one hand this sort of bothers me, along with cities like Cairo (KAY-ro) IL, but then nobody bats an eye at the wonderful Spanish pronunciation we give to the city of Lawss An-ju-less. Anglicizing place names ain’t nothing new, it’s just a matter of what you’re used to hearing.

2 Likes

https://x.com/HBRabinowitz/status/1799016865941111241

Stories like this are very :sickos: until you remember she’s gonna be on SCOTUS if Trump wins :harold:

…and also this explanation is pretty sympathetic to her? Like “oh no, she’s not a partisan hack, she just doesn’t know what she’s doing”. I dunno, it really seems like she’s a partisan hack who knows exactly what she’s doing!

https://x.com/TheDailyShow/status/1800951513075921073

2 Likes

Porque no los dos

1 Like

@Jman220 was wondering with Trump and so much of his past group of associates being felons, are they allowed to hang out/work with each other? Like do the conditions related to them not being in prison require them to avoid associating with other felons or something

A normal condition of probation in NY is not associating with other felons. No idea how that’ll work in practice with Trump.

Lol… He’ll do whatever he wants and in like 20 years after he dies they’ll finally rule he shouldn’t have been allowed to.

2 Likes

All the pikachus

lol that’s so good. The chief judge of the district was like “you fucked up the last one so bad, please don’t put us through this again” and Cannon said “hahahaha nope, fuck off”

Tbf she was dead-on in her assessment that nothing matters and the only consequence for her taking the case is that she’s a lock to be elevated if and when Trump returns to the White House.