The Convictions of Donald J. Trump: lol

Ah well

That’s the MAGA judge, that was always going nowhere slowly.

1 Like

Biden should appoint her to something more important then fire her

1 Like

Maybe this time it’ll do something!

:leolol:

(I know, I know, the gag order is for his staff not his family :leolol::leolol::leolol:)

Confirmed by media that isn’t his wife. His wife does not have social media. That’s some rando.

The fact that Smith felt the need to try to get immediate Supreme Court Review seems pretty bad. Looks like the appeals court / supremes are going to let Trump stall this thing out past the election, at which point it won’t matter anymore. The federal cases will all be dismissed by AG Giuliani and Fani Willis will probably be arrested on federal charges in Florida somehow, and somehow her case will end up in front of Aileen Cannon, who will be appointed to the Supreme Court right after sentencing WIllis to jail.

SCOTUS gave Trump 9’days to respond. Which, lol.

90?

1. Mid next week.

His claim is so laughably absurd it should be fuck you, you lose, fuck off.

What is the mechanism/reason someone can skip the appeals courts to get to Supreme Court? I thought it was considered a big deal that Rs had come up with the route of friendly judges to get stuff to their friendly scotus?

9 days to respond and then they’ll debate whether or not to even take the case. From what I understand if they go as fast as they did in US v Nixon the earliest this thing wraps is probably late January. They could easily stretch this out until after the election if they want by either making the case go through the full appeals process or playing games with scheduling it. In short, lol law.

I just assume nothing real ever happens until after the election

So nothing happens…

One glimmer of hope I have is I think for low info people reading headlines that “SCOTUS rules Trump not immune for potential crimes committed while president” would have approximately same impact on voters as him actually getting convicted of something because they wouldn’t understand what the ruling means

The Supreme Court said Monday it will consider special counsel Jack Smith’s request…

:catjam:

to fast-track consideration of Donald Trump’s claim he is immune from prosecution

:stabby:

1 Like

It all depends on what the 9 politicians in robes think is politically expedient for them. If they want to build up their bipartisan cred for the next time they make some heinous ruling maybe they’ll fast track it. I’ll believe it when I see it though. From what I read they need 5 votes to take the case before the appeals process plays out instead of the usual 4, so if they do take the case it probably bodes well for a good ruling in the end.

people still think him getting convicted before election will do anything jeeeezzz