The Donald J. Trump — Live Tweeting/Truths & Discussion Thread (Part 1)

( truth (lol) | raw text )

May be a hot take but I think Romney not running is bad. He’s upper 10% for republicans

• Romney presidency
  • Coinflip: Biden/Trump
0 voters

Ugh…. Gross.

Going with the coin flip because it’s happening eventually anyways

BIG INFLATION INCREASE. MILLIONS MORE PEOPLE POURING INTO OUR COUNTRY THAN ANTICIPATED BY CROOKED JOE. WHAT A MESS!!!

Original poll was anonymous. Reposted.

1 Like

I had to think for a minute but a big negative of Romney is that it guarantees four years of freakshow Federalist Society appointees and that’s a big thing to concede

3 Likes

Yeah the scotus stuff probably the most problematic issue, bleh

Just out: INFLATION UP, INCOME DOWN!

Romney with a D congress would be good, with R congress would be really bad.

Like I think Mitt would actually concede some ground to a Democrat Senate and appoint Merrick Garland types to the bench, but maybe I’m kidding myself

This is a really great read on Romney and the current dynamics of the GOP Senate.

2 Likes

Romney sends his text: “In case you have not heard this, I just got a call from Angus King, who said that he had spoken with a senior official at the Pentagon who reports that they are seeing very disturbing social media traffic regarding the protests planned on the 6th. There are calls to burn down your home, Mitch; to smuggle guns into DC, and to storm the Capitol. I hope that sufficient security plans are in place, but I am concerned that the instigator—the President—is the one who commands the reinforcements the DC and Capitol police might require.”

McConnell never responds.

Romney would be extremely presidential IMO which can’t be said for like 90% of Rs these days. But if he did end up getting court even more packed that would really suck

“It wasn’t for you so much as for him,” McConnell replied. “He’s an idiot. He doesn’t think when he says things. How stupid do you have to be to not realize that you shouldn’t attack your jurors?

Apparently not as stupid as you, Mitch. You’re the only reason we’re still dealing with this MFer.

2 Likes

That’s a great article.

The National Guard finally dispersed the crowd and secured the Capitol. As the Senate prepared to reconvene late that night, Romney took solace in assuming that his most extreme colleagues now realized what their ruse had wrought, and would abandon their plan to object to the electors. Romney had written a speech a few days earlier condemning their procedural farce, but now he was thinking of tossing it. Surely the point was moot.

1 Like

Man fuck Romney so hard, dude wants to be remembered as a Reasonable Republican but he’s still out here both-sidesing the 2024 election. If you’re not going to endorse Biden, shut the fuck up how about dangerous Trump is. He’s retiring, FFS, he has nothing to lose by going full anti-Trump.

1 Like

“Is Trump an existential threat to American democracy?”

and

“Will you vote for Trump’s opponent?”

Are the two questions every Concerned Moderate Republican needs to be asked point-blank. I have more respect for Marjorie Taylor Green than slimeballs like Romney, at least she picked a side.

I’m sure that will go well.

Voted Conflip because I think it’s probably actually something like 60:40 Trump wins right now, so a coin flip sounds great to me.