The Donald J. Trump — Live Tweeting/Truths & Discussion Thread (Part 1)

(video TRUTH)

( truth (lol) | raw text )

10 percent.

Man, this is shades of 2016 when we were all cheering Ted Cruz getting rekt and then we ended up with President Trump.

( truth (lol) | raw text )

That is exactly what is happening. And Trump will be at least 50/50 against Biden.

Trump seems better than Desantis honestly

1 Like

Might be 75/25. Maybe 90/10. Biden has infuriated his base over the issues they care about, inflation is wrecking the middle class (middle class is basically a misnomer at this point), and we’re about to have a huge recession. Plus deregulation is making trains and factories go boom.

Trump gets to blame all that on him.

90/10? Come on man, you didn’t see the Fox poll that had 30% wanted Trump as president and the rest didn’t? The biggest risk if someone runs as independent and splits the dem vote, that’s the only way I see dems not voting for Biden.

I dunno, I think even 75/25 is way too pessimistic. I’m just trying to picture a hypothetical person that wasn’t a Trump fan first time around, lived through his entire presidency and all his idiocy, and now decides that this is the guy who can fix everything. I just don’t think that person exists, outside of the uber-low-info type that’s insanely unlikely to vote anyway. Combine that with his slowly bleeding votes just from boomers dying off, etc., and I feel like it’s a major uphill battle.

I don’t have to think too hard, this is my father. You’re going to see a lot of anti-woke Never Trumpers come home to daddy.

To me, that’s our best hope.

The Sinema thread is thataway.

1 Like

yea trump’s bad but desantis would be reaaaaally bad. both are doing about the same against biden. in a vacuum I choose trump because he already lost to biden once and if he wins, I think his incompetence is less dangerous than desantis going full blown florida on a national scale.

Yeah I kinda feel same

My only hope in regard to Desantis is all the Florida social issue stuff is complete theatre and then he would just do standard shitty tax stuff to help billionaires or whatever once actually president. But even if that were true at one point he probably gotten so high on own supply that won’t be able to give it up

But on other side I think there a lot of women who straight up despise Trump but for whatever reason could tolerate voting Desantis

I don’t know, maybe. I think the real danger is there are a lot of core Democratic constituencies that just stay home. I’m not sure I can bring myself to vote for this piece of shit again, for example. He’s been awful on immigration and as far as I’m concerned he’s accomplished next to nothing domestically.

Any prosecutor can convict a guilty man, it takes a real prosecutor to convict an innocent one!

we got him

1 Like

With Sinema and Manchin he’s “exceeded expectations”.

“I don’t remember.”

“Ok thanks for coming in”

Lol law

3 Likes

NY DA has to know he has a weak case. BUT he’s gotten Trump (and his surrogates) to deploy a bunch of excuses (statute of limitations, this is a bookkeeping error, etc).

If the Georgia DA now swoops in with a sudden indictment, and none of those excuses apply, is that case (in the public opinion court) then stronger than it would have been if we hadn’t just heard trump cry about the dumb statute of limitations for weeks on end?

Has the NY DA provided cover for the GA DA? Trump certainly hasn’t been paying any attention to Georgia even though that seems like a much, much more dangerous case for him.

if he wants to get re-elected he’s going to keep doing the shit that got him there to begin with