The Donald J. Trump — Live Tweeting/Truths & Discussion Thread (Part 1)

it’s just absolutely wild that he fomented a violent insurrection, tried to overturn legal election results, all the while telling everyone exactly what he was doing, and everyone’s all like “oh well guess there’s nothing we can do.”

biden’s legacy will be normalizing this behavior. it’s going to happen again, and probably with worse consequences the next time than a few dead/maimed cops. every minute he and his AG don’t spend throwing down the hammer here is normalizing this shit. unforgiveable.

1 Like

My point of view is that he’s accomplished exactly what he’s wanted to on most issues. On many his goal was to act like he tried without actually accomplishing anything.

“Nothing will fundamentally change.”

3 Likes

Yeah, I might, MIGHT be convinced to prefer DeSantis over Trump if SCOTUS starts slapping down all the blatantly unconstitutional shit the former is doing in Florida right now, but, I, uh, don’t think they’re going to. DeSantis is likely to end 1st and 14th amendment protections nationwide.

1 Like

1 Like

I worry about Mueller she wrote’s mental health during this trying time.

1 Like

I disagree. Infrastructure, student debt, Covid Relief, pardoning marijuana users, manufacturing bill, judges…Given the way Manchin and Sinema fought hard for fossil fuel and hedge funds I think Brandon did good.

I agree that he easily cleared the over under on his first term already. We’ll see what happens in the now very likely second term.

1 Like

Unfortunate state of affairs when electability concerns cause Ds to not do stuff that would be good and also encourages Rs to do bad shit some of which they don’t actually believe in

1 Like

I doubt this. Pence just wants to give the appearance of “fighting for trump” or some shit. I’m sure he’d be happy as a pig in shit to see Trump indicted thus increasing, (in his own mind), his polling numbers from 1 percent to 1.1 percent.

1 Like

I’m down to 50/50

Trump probably knew he was not being indicted and played it to perfection to raise a bunch of money, harden his support, and make it look like he forced Bragg not to charge him by bullying him.

1 Like

The Covid Relief bill was solid, but also like baseline level competence. I think a fair test here is to ask, “Would Mitt Romney have done this?” And if the answer is yes, we don’t pat Joe on the back for it.

The bipartisan infrastructure bill ($1T) was mostly trash the GOP wanted. I shouldn’t say it was all trash. Some of it was good and necessary, but a lot of it was just very favorable to corporations and left out the parts that would have made people on this forum happy. Mitt definitely would have pushed for and signed it.

His biggest legislative accomplishment is probably the Inflation Reduction Act, which authorized $390B in spending on climate change and three years of ACA subsidies. But those will expire and not be renewed, and there’s also $238B in deficit reduction and he scrapped a ton of his Build Back Better “priorities” (that I contend he never intended to pass). Would Mitt have signed a bill with $390B in climate spending? He voted against it, so probably not. This is an accomplishment for Biden. But, we’ve got to contextualize it with his mixed bag of actions of climate change, as well as with the size. Is $39 billion per year on climate change worth celebrating? That’s 0.63% of the federal budget in 2023, I’m sure it’s less in future years.

Student debt relief I’m not giving him credit on. A lot of that is going to be struck down by SCOTUS, which IMO is what Biden wanted. He wanted credit for giving the relief without it actually fully going through.

Pardoning marijuana users was good in theory, but would you be surprised to learn that as of February 10th, none had actually been pardoned? They just released the form for applications on March 3. Further, they aren’t actually going to be releasing a lot of people from prison or doing as much do clear up permanent records as you might think.

Manufacturing bill - I assume you’re referring to the CHIPS Act? That’s a bipartisan bill that passed the Senate with 64 votes including not only Mitt Romney, but… Mitch McConnell voted for it, Shelly Moore Capito voted for it, Jon Cornyn voted for it. No credit for Joe on this one.

You’ve got judges on the good side of the ledger? He’s anti court packing, they’re still honoring blue slips, and he tried to put a pro-life judge on a federal court like a week after the Dobbs ruling.

My biggest issues going in were democracy reform, court reform, climate, immigration, and income inequality. Nothing on democracy reform. Nothing to meaningfully impact SCOTUS. A tick over one-half of one percent of the federal budget on climate. A huge fuck you to the people who voted for him for immigration. Some stuff helped poor people for a little while, but nothing lasting to impact the growing divide between the haves and have nots.

1 Like

Biden has done huge things for student loans. I’m sure there’s other stuff, but that’s one 100%

https://youtu.be/8WTtf7mM3OY

GA legislature gonna fire Fanni.

LOLLLLLLLL

No vote until late April, by which they actually mean never.

3 Likes

guys, they can still meet monday. we don’t know.

2 Likes

“The holidays”

5 Likes

Happy Earth Day vacation, everybody!