The Donald J. Trump — Live Tweeting/Truths & Discussion Thread (Part 2)

( truth (lol) | raw text )

That’s interesting, I knew about depression era people keeping a lot of cash, but I never realized it was a Black cultural thing too.

It’s kind of like vaccine resistance. Like, can you blame black people for being skeptical? No fucking way!

2 Likes

sure it’s kinda sketch but ultimately we’re talking about what, a few grand?

(image TRUTH)

(image TRUTH)

one thing that occurred to me, if the maga wing of SCOTUS wanted to give Daddy immunity (e.g. overturn the lower court), could they have just waved their magic wand and done it? I.e. can we read into the fact that they’re delaying this long as a signal that they aren’t actually prepared to rule that he is actually immune but they’re fine with helping him run out the clock?

My guess is only Alito and Thomas are so far gone they will vote for absolute presidential immunity, which is laughable on its face.

Yes, they definitely could’ve done it without hearing the case. I agree with you that they’re basically just trying to run clock here without actually ruling he has full-on immunity.

(image TRUTH)

I haven’t been following closely, but is that all?

Hasn’t pretty much everyone here walked around with that much in their pocket at some point.

Sure, but if you let me walk into any room in America and my goal was to find people with a few grand in cash in their pockets, I’m heading for the nearest poker room. We’re the exact opposite of a representative sample on this one.

But I do recall my parents sometimes budgeting for a vacation by taking an envelope of cash with them to pay for the meals and entertainment. It’s not unheard of.

That said, I think we all know that it’s super convenient in this case regardless. We’re just rooting for a certain outcome.

(image TRUTH)

You made me think of 50 years ago when parents would prepare for family vacations by getting American Express travelers checks.

Which are apparently still a thing even though I haven’t heard of them in decades.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1764089216470839300