The Non-political ANGER THREAD

someone saying “mack uh nack” wouldn’t bother me at all FWIW

I could google this of course, but for fun, would you care to inform this philistine what a “mackinac” is, and how to pronounce it?

it’s a placename up in michigan. It’s pronounced “mack uh naw” and some people will spell it (and honestly I think there are some places officially named) “mackinaw” and honestly if you choose to spell it that way I really don’t have a problem with that just don’t tell me I’m wrong when I’m 100% correct

1 Like

Iirc there’s a town called Mackinaw and an island called Mackinac and they are pronounced the same. I’m an honorary Michigander by marriage, I think I’ve even been to Mackinac, and I still can’t remember which is which. :harold:

There was a Seinfeld where Kramer was raving about the “Mackinaw peaches”.

Heh I went there this summer and didn’t even realize how bizarre that is. So you go to Mackinaw City, to get a ferry to Mackinac Island. Mackinaw city is where you cross over to the Upper Peninsula.

1 Like

Ok this app is really annoying if you want to use it like Instagram:

• not totally related but even after turning on notifications for every jbouie post, I get no notifications on the TikTok Android app. It has permissions to send notifications, it just…doesn’t (it did send me an email notification today though, lol)
  • it’s really hard and annoying to just see new stuff your follows posted. My home screen is random shit they think I want to watch (I don’t), even when I go to my “following” tab the first thing they showed me was a jbouie post from August and not the two things he’s posted today, I have to go to his account page to see them in chronological order.

This app suuuuuuucks

sitting in the hospital with my dad, he’s getting a pacemaker put in today, we got here at 9:45, it’s currently 1:30 and nothing has happened yet, we’re in the basement so there’s no cell signal, the wifi here drops you every 10 minutes and you have to re-push the ACCEPT AND CONTINUE button in the captive portal so if I put my phone down I won’t get any text messages.

1 Like

Before Mom passed, she got in a holding pattern for her stent procedure as someone else coded (we were never officially told that but we have eyes). 2-3 hours she sat outside of the procedure room with us not with her.

Small town.

apparently you can buy used pacemakers on ebay if you want to save a few bucks

lol who would implant it? Those things are more annoying to put in than you’d think

edit: hahahaha

NOTE:: If you want this, do not hesitate. … Etsy canceled my listing for this item within an hour and eBay could do the same thing for any crazy reason. Political correctness, using AI, is starting to get out of control. These companies are using machines to do the thinking for them. The Matrix will be reality at some point IF we stay on this course. It’s happening. I even have an option to “Use AI description” to make a listing on eBay now. People … wake up. AI is an oxymoron. It is NOT intelligent. Don’t believe me? Then try reasoning with a machine . . .

there’s probably a youtube for DIY

2 Likes

heh there is, i’ve looked at one right before trying it

Things you do not want to see when you roll past your doctor on the way into surgery

1 Like

https://x.com/DenzerAaron/status/626198418562519040

3 Likes

Thing is with em is that there’s quite a few rare but super high acuity procedures I can do but only if shit has really hit the fan. Placing a temporary pacemaker is on that list lol. Things like c-sections are too.

A quick little YouTube hit before a weird procedure is pretty common.

It’s simple enough, you essentially place a central line (do that all the time), then kinda shove the wires towards the heart until it works. The hookups are known for being super annoying and finicky

Oh, I’m sure it is and I think it’s great they’re available. I watch tutorials on stuff I already know how to do all the time. But if I saw my doctor watching a tutorial on YouTube right before surgery I’d probably have a heart attack. Same deal with a pilot. We’re inclined to think of doctors and pilots etc as some kind of superhumans because that’s a lot more emotionally palatable than knowing they’re just people too.

I saw “my” pulmonologist today to check in after I started CPAP therapy. I’m a psycho and have been reviewing the granular data using Oscar, he was just going off of the basic stats he gets from the cloud. Anyway I easily knew way more about how it was going than he did. Which is totally fine and normal. If I was experiencing problems he’d have way more idea of how to address them than I do.

1 Like

My kid (20 years old) described nirvana as “medieval” today

1 Like

Check your state laws. I think you are still allowed to abort them.

4 Likes

Maybe he’s just down a YouTube rabbit hole?

1 Like

I was reading some of questions for a high school quiz competition today.

There was a question about a president who “didn’t inhale” marijuana and had an affair with Monica Lewinsky. I got nothing but blank stares.

I’ve never felt more old in my life.

4 Likes