The Non-political ANGER THREAD

Haha…at the group practice I left a couple of years ago, we were still using the messages recorded by admin person who had left at least ten years prior, because we liked how it sounded and no one was motivated enough to bother changing the outgoing messages.

If it is one of those automated voice mail systems I wouldn’t be surprised if no one there knows how to re-record the message, those things were awful when I tried setting one up for a help desk.

this is my guess, front-office people at medium-to-large practices probably have an average IQ around 85

1 Like

The EyeSight on my wife’s Subaru isn’t working (again) so she made an appointment to have the dealership fix it for 8 this morning. They were supposed to call her with a status update at 1 but my wife had to text them at 3 to see what was going on and “it just went in for diagnostic”. 10 minutes ago she got another text saying “it might be done in another half hour or so but we it might take until tomorrow to finish” and they don’t know if they have a loaner for her to use or not. Cool cool cool, I don’t understand why dealerships even bother with the illusion of appointment times.

We’ve had good luck with local Subaru dealerships. We do have a lot of pain in the ass locals so bad service is not recommended here.

Got rear-ended on the way home.

Goddammit.

3 Likes

That sucks dude, hope you’re okay!

1 Like

Didn’t feel great having my head snap back, but I’m fine.

Car has a hole in the bumper. Hopefully that’s it.

Probably just going to end up being an inconvenience for me. Not how I wanted to start my weekend.

Looks to me like whiplash. You must be in Terrible pain

Srsly hope you don’t have any surprise pain after a couple of days. Easy to fix/replace the car.

3 Likes

Open laptop. Screen busted. Bring to :apple: store.

Replacing a 2021 macbrook pro 13" screen with no touchscreen costs $800.

$540 for the screen from iFixit, almost makes Apple’s price seem like a decent deal.

Where the fuck is all this money going (car lease):

The difference between the car cost and the residual price is $19,000, how the fuck are they jacking up the total lease price 50% higher than that, especially when I’m like “hey can I just pay this all up front and avoid your bullshit interest charges”? I don’t even understand the math at play here, this is fucking voodoo

God I fucking hate car shopping

edit: lol cherry on top I just noticed he sent the numbers for the wrong fucking model

Check out leasehackr, really great info: https://forum.leasehackr.com/

For several years I’ve used a broker for leases and it’s been wonderful, I get a better deal than I would have gotten and I spend zero time on it. Last car we leased was delivered to our house.

I’ve never leased a car, if you do and get some sort of cosmetic damage that you probably wouldn’t bother fixing on own car are you liable for huge bills to paint/fix dent/ whatever?

When I leased I just focused on the total of the payments and ignored the rest. I figured I’d never buy but then this last one I was to the good $7k so I bought.

Of course, that was the spike in resale values, I assume the equivalent two years later is more like break even. But getting into a new lease at the end of ‘22 made no sense.

This hasn’t been a problem for me with my last two leases, but you do have to return it in good (but not perfect) condition. Normal wear and tear is fine and I imagine a lot of the cosmetic damage you’re thinking of probably falls into that bucket.

Driving a shitbox remains undefeated

4 Likes

God I’m trying to do as much of this over email as possible so these people aren’t blowing up my phone but I must already be in one of their databases somewhere cause one of these guys is texting me. I linked to a specific car in my request to the dealer and included the lease terms I want, now this guy is texting me asking which car I want (answered!), and has asked me twice via text (and I have now answered twice via text!) if I want to lease, finance, or pay cash

“Ok Im off next 2 days but gonna go in tomorrow ill work on it”

Bro why are you telling me this?? Can’t you hand this shit off to a coworker or something?? Now I have to feel guilty about sending you to the office on a day off? I didn’t ask you to do that!!!