The Non-political ANGER THREAD

Surprised they can’t just blame that on the weather.

Seems like Delta did better for you than most other domestic carriers in that spot.

Had a very similar situation with America. A couple of years ago. Chicago to Philly with diversion to Pitt again (after an aborted landing in Philly due to tornado in area).

Did they give you 6000 of those sweet AA miles too?

No. I have no status with them. Million miler on delta.

Texas has not even played a single game in the SEC and I’m already fucking sick of their dumbass fans, they have zero SEC championships and they talk shit like they own the place, god who the fuck let these uncouth shitbags in

1 Like

Tennessee fans with slightly better grammar

they both low down, dirty, look like garbage truck worker convention

Just wait until you’re in a football conference with Michigan fans.

they’ve like, won stuff recently

texas fans still fucking bellyaching about colt fucking mccoy

Trust me we were annoying far before we won anything.

2 Likes

so I still have a landline (sort of, it’s Vonage VOIP) that I’ve finally decided isn’t really needed anymore, but my home alarm is hooked to it. Call the alarm company to see about getting it switched over to cell/wifi/whatever, WELLLLLLL you need a new box (I figured this, it’s 17 years old) PLUS new keypads, new motion detectors, new carbon monoxide detectors, new glass break… $1100. I’m like, you’re kidding, right? All of the sensors are fine. “no, they won’t work with the new box. we can do it for $908”

so I start looking for other options. I notice simplisafe will sell me a roughly equivilent set of sensors and control gear for like $500 and their monitoring is way cheaper.

So I get on the chat to see if I can at least get the monitoring charge reduced while I figure out the next move. the chat agent is like “sure thing, I can get it for you $25/month and since you’ve been a customer so long I can get you a “loyalty discount” that will get it down to $19.95/month” so I say sure, sounds good.

“ok I just emailed you the details, can you please review?”

she sends me a DOCUSIGN, it’s a FOUR YEAR contract.

you can guess how it went from there, anway, I think I found a company that will do monitoring for $15/month over the internet and I just need to buy about $400 worth of gear (it will use the existing sensors, I just basically remove the box and keypads and drop in their replacements).

That is so incredibly scammy, but seems to be standard practice for subscription companies that haven’t adapted to the change in tech over time. Like OnStar or paid email providers that just milk boomers as much as they can. Between Ring, SimpliSafe, and the litany of similar companies now on the market, it’s pretty easy to set up a customized system and have it monitored for under $20/month.

I just moved into a house and set up a Ring system. ADT called me several times after I closed trying to sell me. I made it very clear I was not interested. A week later a sales rep shows up at my door “for the appointment I have scheduled to discuss security plans”. I wasn’t home, and used the already installed and monitored Ring system to tell the guy he was lied to by his scheduler, and to go away and leave me alone.

I’m apparently never working again cool

1 Like

I just went through the “business plan” part of Cryptonomicon. Send them the first few minutes of the Magnificent Seven with your face pasted over all the gun fighters.

“Mug Root Beer” has to be one of the dumbest brand name choices ever

Ne-hi says… Hi.

This is amazing branding are you kidding

Which company? I used to have an iSmartAlarm system, I guess I still do technically, but they went out of business and the servers it used to rely on are gone or whatever, so it doesn’t work anymore - that was pretty shitty. I may be in the market for something new, came to this thread to vent about my new shitty landlord.

So we just moved, and in this complex we’re “not allowed” to have Ring cameras and such outside our doors. It’s gated and they have cameras and they assured us that their cameras are there for the tenants and if anything were ever stolen or whatever, they’d have it on camera and we’d be fine. “That’s what they’re there for!”

So I was talking to a neighbor, and they had something worth $6,000 stolen right from under not one, but two security cameras… The management company won’t show them the video! And they may not share it with the police! Like, what the fuck are the cameras there for? Just to watch the tenants in case any damage the property I guess?

Beyond that, I know I can get paranoid about this stuff, but they’ve been living here like a week and a half and got this stuff stolen right from under multiple cameras that fast? And it’s been long enough that they’ve talked to the police, filed a report, and waited a couple days for the complex to decide about sending the video. Something happens that fast, and alarms are going off in my head that there’s a higher than usual chance it was an inside job.

So I want a new security system and some cameras. At this point I’m putting the cameras up and if they come after me on it, maybe I just tell them if they make me take the cameras down I’m going to the local news about how they have tenants getting valuable shit stolen and are refusing to assist the investigation. This isn’t like some rando stole a $20 Amazon package off the doorstep here and Karen is making it out to be the end of the world.

I think it was alarm grid? I haven’t called them yet, it’s sitting in a tab on my computer at home, I’m on the road for the weekend but I’ll check when I get home

1 Like