The Non-political ANGER THREAD

I just had one of the most disrespectful and stupid tech interviews I’ve ever had. Given no advance notice they expected me to live code/screen share on codesandbox so had to do it on my laptop, hiring manager had his camera off, other tech guy wasn’t a react guy and kept asking me stupid react questions and was fixed on stupid parts of it, just total shitshow.

Of all the issues I have with the current bullshit tech interview process, having someone give it who doesn’t know anything about the role’s stack is just so, so fucking dumb. I had one a few months ago that insisted that I tell them the ins and outs of… TCP. For a web UI engineering role. I have no fucking idea dude.

yea having just gone through this recently it seems like surprise interviews are the new hotness. happened to me twice

live coding interviews are a really piss poor way to evaluate a candidate. I have never passed a single one. there was a good rant about them on HN recently.

Sounds like you dodged a bullet

1 Like

If it makes you feel any better, my experience is that interviews universally suck in all industries.

Saw this car in traffic, the 8s are … upside down???

1 Like

how in god’s name would you even notice that?

1 Like

junior pointed it out

in the picture the bottoms of the 8 look the same as the top but in person the tops were definitely bigger

Now what’s your opinion on the Lionsgate logo

Is your child Sherlock Holmes.

1 Like

Oh yeah forgot this gem. I do my intro “blah blah I have ~12 years experience”. Guy’s response: “what were you doing before software engineering?”

:older_man:

Was IT your first career? I thought you were an old, I wasted 8 years doing theater before IT and still have more years in than you.

I am 47. Apparently the hair dye didn’t work.

2 Likes

OK, not that old, but you missed a perfect “your mom” opportunity…

2 Likes

I travel a lot, and a like coffee a lot, so I’m always on the lookout for high-end hipster doofus coffee houses

• roaster I follow posts an insta featuring some cool cafe I haven’t heard of
  • click on link to cafe’s profile
  • no indication of where the fuck they’re located, not even a city
  • oh they have a linktr.ee, click on that
  • also no indication of location there, no link to a website or google map or nutthin
  • profile also has links to profies for individual locations, click on that
  • just says “northside” and “midtown”

fuck off

Job hunting sucks ass and balls, gl.

6 Likes

bicyclists on the local greenline are fucking intolerable

when I’m hiking with the dog out on primitive trails the cyclists are all pretty considerate, they’ll yell/bell if they’re coming up from behind and they’ll try to find somewhere we can pass each other if it’s a tight/heavily wooded area

when I’m walking on paved trails along the greenline, it’s a whole different species of cyclist. maybe 10% of them have a bell or announce when they’re approaching from behind, today I almost got clobbered by two old women who ride side by side even when there’s not enough room for them to pass me (I’ve seen these women many times, they literally never make even the slightest effort to take up less than 80% of the pavement, never say a word to pedestrians at all). just night and day differences in the level of head-up-your-own-ass.

2 Likes

Really going to miss the Boomers when they’re gone. Sucks I’ll have to wait until I’m fairly old to see it.

When I cycled I usually just passed people on paved paths, it’s a tossup whether the person freaks out if you say something and jumps in front of you. Better to just get past them. Safer to ride on the roads.