The Non-political ANGER THREAD

Man it wasn’t like I did it on purpose. They threw a party that was literally 1000x over the allowable sound level (PD measured dB was 105, 70 is allowable). When I told them they could turn it down and it’d be cool, they said no. They then tried to guilt me. They asked if I was in a frat as if that was relevant. They then called me racist. They ended the interaction with saying “god is watching” like I was committing some grievous sin by asking them to turn their music down. I see the consequences of real sins far too often to take that seriously.

Again, over music being 1000x louder than the limit. I would have been happy to work with them in multiple ways. If they had given us real notice so we could find something else to do that night or give us an actual cut off time, we wouldn’t have even asked them to turn it down. Hell if they didn’t threaten me last time we wouldn’t have called the cops.

Just like with bad faith actors in politics, actual boundaries have to be set and kept sometimes.

If your party is sustaining 95 decibels on someone else’s residential property 100s of feet away for hours straight that’s just objectively problematic IMO

1 Like

Why does any of this preclude doing something nice for them?

This is just one person’s opinion. I don’t own a house.

I think, spiritually, it’s the correct move but even pragmatically it might be. Seems like a good excuse to make an addition to the cooking thread.

I don’t go out of my way to do things for people who treat me and my family like shit.

fwiw I think it’s super shitty to blast the loud music at your neighbors. Although given the close proximity of neighbors and not wanting to get into neighborhood drama I probably would have taken my 1yo over there with her sound blocking headphones and hung out for like 30 minutes and hope someone takes a hint when I say have to head home for bed

1 Like

Dude, this is America. Calling the police is the incorrect play. The American way is to take an Assault Rifle over to the party and start blasting.

3 Likes

I can’t even get my girl to keep a bow in yet much less headphones :confused:

As an aside, blasting 100+ db level for a sustained period of time around their developing 2 year old’s ears is pretty fucking abusive.

1 Like

the real solution is to let the babies duel in trial by combat

Sounds like you need cameras asap if you don’t already.

1 Like

Already done. They do too. They’re the person on the block where if you walk on the other side of the street it says “Hi, you are being recorded”

In b4 we see camera footage of this on the news or better yet Neighborhood Wars.

Seriously be careful CN. Lots of stupid shit happening out there in lolAmerica. Legit worried.

Had an employee that essentially had cul-de-sac ne’er-do-well failure to launch adult sons that turned to low level dealing and making threats. He snap called when the company offered to relocate him to another state including company buy-out. They eventually moved back, but in a totally different suburb.

1 Like

Can confirm in my experience as a prosecutor neighbor disputes often turned really bad.

Well, the ones you hear about, sure.

2 Likes

Probably says something that Rand can say all the stuff he does as a politician but gets his ribs broken over some landscaping dispute

Yeah I’m not thrilled about developments for that reason. However, toddler has already decided sleep is for the weak and it’s damn near broken me the past two weeks (I do all night care)

You try cutting down daytime nap length yet?

Yeah not sure what it is, she’s doing better the past two days.

@pvn

IMG_1177

4 Likes