The Non-political ANGER THREAD

Wife and daughter sick. Fevers and fountains from their noses. Am I next? Am I immune due to all my time in the ER? Maybe.

Am I taking care of a grumpy toddler and wife? Definitely.

1 Like

have to take my acura in for a recall

call my honda dealer (they are much closer to me than the nearest acura dealer), they are like “oh yeah we can do acura recalls” make an appointment for last friday, bring it in, guy looks at his ipad “oh yeah we got ya right here for a recall job” great, walk inside to hand the keys off, the “service advisor” is like “uh, we don’t do acura recalls” and I’m like WHAT THE HELL I CALLED IN AND WHEN I MADE THE APPOINTMENT I PUT IN THE VIN AND CHECK THE ‘RECALL’ BOX SO YOU KNEW IT’S A TSX AND U KNEW IT WAS A RECALL WHAT THE FUCK JOHN

he goes to “check with the boss” and some fat dude sitting at his desk is like “no”

so I go home, make an appointment with the acura dealer, they are like “NO PROBLEM SHOULD TAKE ABOUT AN HOUR” so I make an appointment for today at 3:30. Roll in there at 3:15 and the guy is like “OK WE GOTCHA RIGHT HERE YOU NEED A RIDE HOME?” and I’m like “nah I can wait” and he’s like WELL IT’S GONNA TAKE A DAY AND A HALF, WE GOT 22 CARS IN FRONT OF YA

gotta tell ya it took 100% of my self control to get out of there without stabbing that guy

4 Likes

That’s rant-worthy for sure!

:stabby:

1 Like

I dropped an f bomb at the ford dealership (I write fuck online but don’t say fuck to service workers ever) because they sold me a new car and told me it would take 3 days to change the battery that went out 3 days after I had the car.

Couldn’t believe they were surprised I was mad. Like this is a new car assholes, it takes 10 mins to swap a battery, fix it

1 Like

People get way too upset about the word fuck for how commonly it is used. I come from an environment where that’s just a common adjective, verb, noun, adverb, you name it. Pretty sure you can use it as a pronoun. It’s crazy to me how absurdly angry people get at a “fuck you.”

It doesn’t even mean anything.

1 Like

listening to some podcast, the two hosts go through a lengthy introduction with their job titles etc that I don’t give a shit about and then bring on their guest, who they don’t introduce beyond his name “because you’ve been on the show before” like my brother in christ you are on the show every time and you still made sure to let us know how bloated and inflamed you are

2 Likes

As I’ve been sampling podcasts, the 20 minutes of inside baseball and inane chatter seems to be standard opening.

Feel like any podcast anger without mention of podcast voice is inadequate

Years ago I enjoyed listening to The Dollop history podcast, but the never ending bullshit at the top of every show annoyed me so much I stopped listening to them. And that was with fast forwarding through it, the principle just bothered me so much lol

2 Likes

They really ought to make the government July 4th holiday observed on the closest Mon/Fri. The people who take whole week off obviously won’t care and everyone else would rather get the 3day weekend

2 Likes

Yeah outside of Xmas/New Years, it’s really the only major holiday that’s not tied to a specific day of the week. And when it’s on a Tues/Thurs I hate making the choice between either taking a four-day weekend or going in and just enjoying that completely dead day at work (doing the latter this year).

At least leap year will make it skip over Wednesday, which is the nut low day for a holiday to land.

Working at home makes the choice a little easier. Can monitor “work” machine while playing D4…

3 Likes

Juneteenth next year is on a Wednesday.

With all due respect to Juneteenth, I dgaf because I don’t get jack shit off as far as the second-tier holidays. It’s basically just New Year’s, Memorial Day, 4th July, Labor day, Thanksgiving, Xmas for me. Bleh.

1 Like

I get nothing off, but get paid for every holiday, working or no.

I hate jobs like this lol

Nothing like having a paypal transaction reversed from a purchase made 50 DAYS AGO by an obvious scam account. Scammer files fraudulent dispute. Of course they immediately deduct the money from my pp account.

These sickos have to be on one to think I’m going to leave my bank account connected to anyone doing business like that.

1 Like

my wife uses a windows laptop at work and a ipad at home, and when she borrows my macbook it’s like “OMG IS THIS NOT A TOUCHSCREEN ARE YOU A BARBARIAN” within 2 seconds and she acts like she has no fucking idea how to click on the touchpad, every time it’s like starting over from zero

2 Likes

also now I have to windex my screen

3 Likes

At a “brewpub”, you all know the type. I’m coming out of the bathroom and some newly arrived bro says to bartender “what do you have in bottles?” I see the bartender cringe and I just laugh in the bros face.

He was not a fan.

4 Likes