The Presidency of Not So Jacked Up Joe Biden: We Beat Medicare!

According to my mom this is the first and only good thing Biden has done.

She’s still voting for Trump though, right?

Need a Vox explainer on why the hell Joe is doing this

Obviously. She has to - he’s good for business and for us Jews!

What does she think of all the Jews that vote for Biden (i.e., most of them)?

Probably the same as Trump:

Every time I think Trump can’t disgust me any more, he makes another social media post.

Alright I’m getting legit worried. They’re going to paint him as a dementia riddled corpse, and they won’t be wrong.

https://x.com/umichvoter/status/1712088474625446290?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

Gonna be wild when he wins from a jail cell.

Also starting to not feel great about this. A month or two ago, I was thinking Trump had a 20% chance. Now I’m closer to 50/50.

These recent polls look awful, “Bidenomics” is clearly not working, and this Israel/Gaza flare up is not going to help either.

If I had to sell someone on Biden without using the words “Trump” or “Republicans”, it would be a very difficult task.

I continue to wish for the dream ticket of Shapiro and Whitmer, flip a coin to see who’s on top. Turn PA and MI from toss up/slight lean blue to solid lean blue and campaign Whitmer heavily in WI.

Warnock would be great too, but his VORP in that seat is insane and going for the blue wall electoral votes makes more sense.

The Dems have a good bench, but instead of using it we’re either going to get Biden’s corpse or Gavin The Veto Newsom.

Newsom, by the way, is going to end up playing into like every negative stereotype about libs and making them all feel true to different segments of the electorate. He’s from CA so that will turn off all the “moderates” and they’ll think he lead gangs of homeless people to smash and grab stores and then force sex changes on kids. He vetoed good stuff so the actual progressives know he’s a fraud. He looks like a phony smooth talking focus group/polling driven candidate - like Hillary - because he is. And they’ll dig up that photo of him with Kimberly Giulfoyle, looking like an out of touch rich as fuck person, and it’ll stick cause he’s an out of touch rich as fuck person.

I don’t actually think he’d be a terrible POTUS. Worse than Obama and Biden, way better than any Republican. Competent, but heavy on nothing fundamentally changing. Which is why the eDems will try to prop him up when the time comes.

4 Likes

Speaking as someone who has been rope a doped by Biden twice I’m not doing it again. Guy has good timing and gets underestimated a lot.

Let’s worry about what the polls are saying next year please what they’re saying now doesn’t have much predictive value either way IMO.

1 Like

The age thing is going to be front and center and he has no answer for it. He looks and sounds like a guy 2 weeks from the kids having to have the rough conversation about a nursing home.

I do not, for a second, believe that Biden underperforms Whitmer by 11 points in Michigan. Nor do I believe that ~25% of Whitmer voters vote ‘other’ in the presidential election.

Sure. But Biden is very clearly not the Dems best candidate.

2 Likes

No disagreement there. Not sure if you remember how much I hated Biden in the primary. I’m still pissed about that. If we had to get an eDem it could have been someone younger. Someone 20+ years younger.

Not Kamala the cop obviously but someone else.

Skydiver probably had the right candidate picked. He was the best one the establishment was going to let through.

Maaaybe, but the power of incumbency is huge

What the Dems really need is charisma. Bill Clinton and Obama had it. Gore, Kerry, Hillary had zero. And sorry, Pete doesn’t have it either.

I’d argue Pete has some, but perhaps it’s more in terms of framing and how his speeches are written for him than in delivery. I think he frames issues really well and uses language on issues that reclaims territory for Dems.

He’s not inherently likeable. At all. He comes off as the teachers pet nerd, very not good for appealing to anyone but technocrats. I’ll grant he’s incredible at framing, but that’s a separate and less valuable skill.

2 Likes