The Presidency of Not So Jacked Up Joe Biden: We Beat Medicare!

Get this guy on a Biden commercial ASAP, 100% authentic Midwest yambag shit

https://x.com/UnionDrip/status/1750270180897575309?s=20

Paging @CaffeineNeeded

sure but what about the racism tho

But

https://www.wsj.com/personal-finance/financial-help-parents-money-ddc2f277?mod=hp_lead_pos11

About 59% of parents said they helped their young adult children financially in the past year, according to a report released Thursday by the Pew Research Center

Right so itā€™ll be time to start bragging about it in 3-6 months when things actually start to meaningfully improve lifting at least most peopleā€™s boats. Just because the tide is going to come in soon doesnā€™t mean you should start talking about how great things are while the tide is still very much out and a large fraction of your constituents are still riding the struggle bus everywhere.

I happen to agree with consumers here mostly because I think there are multiple catalysts on the board for the next two quarters for real main street economic improvement. I also think the timing of some of those isnā€™t at all accidental.

1 Like

This is where itā€™s as and they clearly get it.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know why the airwaves arenā€™t already blanketed with ads about how the republicans want to ban abortion nationwide, and only voting democratic can stop them.

From election standpoint I think Iā€™m most shook by the ā€œGenocide Joeā€ situation, I mean itā€™s possible maybe some these social media accounts are actually the KGB but if Biden getting heckled at every event until election itā€™s going to be problematic

too early, people get desensitized

1 Like

If Dems can make this election a referendum on abortion, they crush it. If Republicans can make this election about immigration, they win.

I just canā€™t ever say that ā€œthe economy is goodā€ when Iā€™m reading headlines like this.

The economy is fundamentally broken for a large fraction of Americans and no unemployment numbers or stats about how wages are marginally outpacing inflation is going to change that.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been saying!

Going back to the TurboTax home interest deduction discussion around here, Iā€™m starting to fill out my taxes this year and I actually think TT may be doing it correctly? At leastā€¦

• I entered my 1098 w/ the balance at the start of the year, as it shows on the form
  • After going through the usual litany of questions, TT asked me what my balance was at the end of the year
  • After putting that in, the in-progress refund amount it tracks went up

I think this means that TT is using the two figures to compute your average balance, instead of just using your starting balance and costing you money.

Did you have a >$750k mortgage on Jan 1 and less than $750k on Dec 31? Thatā€™s the only time the average balance should matter (assuming a single mortgage originated after 2017). If so you can check the calculations manually. You had the formula right earlier. ($750k/avg bal)*($ interest paid). With avg bal=avg between Jan 1 and Dec 31 numbers. That should be the number TT is putting on line 8a of your schedule A.

No, but I donā€™t think thatā€™s true (or I donā€™t understand what youā€™re saying). Like if you start the year with a $1M balance and end with $900k you can deduct more using a $950k average balance figure than using your $1M starting balance.

Yeah, youā€™re right again. The worksheet the IRS provides for doing these numbers is laid out in about the most confusing way possible. You should still be able to plug your numbers into the formula and compare to your schedule A though.

hit that salt limit for the first time. Not especially fun. But yeah good problem to have.

I am totally fine with the fact that I pay a lot of taxes. I should pay a lot of taxes, I am fortunate as hell and the less fortunate should get the breaks, not me.

But I am very not fine with the people who are even more fortunate than me using every loophole and trick in the book to avoid paying their fair share, which is 100% what I believe is happening.

2 Likes