The Presidency of Not So Jacked Up Joe Biden: We Beat Medicare!

Yeah I’m fine paying a lot in taxes, and I do… but I have a huge problem with anyone richer than me paying a cent less.

I should just have my entire income be investment

Yeah the pro play is to accumulate a giant stock portfolio and then make your “income” be loans against that portfolio, which aren’t taxed at all because it’s technically debt, right?

How do people then dodge taxes in whatever cash they need to come up with to pay those loans off?

1 Like

Pay them with different loans? (I actually have no idea)

Lots of US military assets preparing for something big. Possibly retaliation for the drone strike that killed 3 US soldiers.

W2 high earners get totally screwed

1 Like

I hope like big air strikes vs various Iranian backed militias big, not like actually tussling with Iran big?

Russians/IRCG are evacuated from Syrian bases.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/us-consumer-confidence-climbs-to-highest-since-end-of-2021/ar-BB1huIOC

https://x.com/tencor_7144/status/1752769128572534993?s=46&t=N0_fcOKIYYmlCS2e4YShsQ

2 Likes

Better than the alternative of course.

But I really can’t stand national polls. Unless you’re in WI/NC/GA/PA/MI/NV/AZ, your vote is 100% meaningless.

I’m feeling pretty good about Biden’s chances now, actually. Trump World is going to holy war with Taylor Swift, Biden is signalling he will run on abortion, and we’re starting to see some good polls our way to balance out the ones we’re always seeing in the Trump thread.

If Biden runs on abortion, student loans, and democracy, and Trump runs on Taylor Swift and E Jean Carroll and the entire US Justice System suck, I think we are in very good shape.

1 Like

They’re not going to as election time gets closer (at least I don’t think so).

They’re going to run on immigration, inflation and the Middle East. All of which are horrible for Biden.

I still feel Biden is a favorite, but only like 60/40.

No but seriously. They pay for everything where everything is mostly stuff that primarily benefits people either much richer or much poorer than them. It would be a million times more tolerable if the government provided good quality schools/childcare, healthcare, and public infrastructure someone who could pay for better would actually use… but we don’t because the very rich don’t want to pay their share. Mysteriously the stuff that only benefits the very rich like property rights (that are mostly only enforceable for them at this point) and the military are fully funded.

I send the government enough money to pay the full salary of a government employee every goddamn year. Please walk me through why it’s reasonable for them to also charge me for my honestly very mediocre public university education? Why am I paying 900 a month for health insurance for two people in their 30s? Why does my power grid flicker every time there’s a strong breeze? And if I choose to have kids why do I have to pay for literally everything and the people who get all the financial benefits of my having those kids pay basically nothing?

Well this one I can answer for you…

Because you live in Texas.

2 Likes

Hopefully inflation continues to come down, and Biden should do/try to do some popular stuff for the working class this year if he has any brains at all. The Middle East is bad politically for Biden, but I’m not sure Trump running on it is good for Trump. In other words, I don’t think it’s in most voters top handful of issues, so while it’s a wedge issue for Biden’s base, it’s not a motivating issue for most of the electorate.

Immigration is the same as it has been, but now Dems can run on “we tried to fix it and the GOP prefers to run on the problem than solve the issue.”

I am as well. sure maybe I’m huffing the copium but I don’t think Trump is going to pivot and is just going to get more and more unhinged. normies are going to see more dumb shit come out of his mouth and now it’s not even related to THEIR grievances, it’s either HIS personal grievances or completely batshit stuff.

Agree with this. Not sure it’s going to happen to the extent it needs to. Hopefully Boredsocial is right about Biden’s elite sense of timing.

The Middle East is bad politically for Biden, but I’m not sure Trump running on it is good for Trump.

Don’t think I agree here. If it’s bad for Biden, it’s good for Trump.

I don’t think it’s in most voters top handful of issues, so while it’s a wedge issue for Biden’s base, it’s not a motivating issue for most of the electorate.

Though you may be right about its importance. The right wing anger generation media machine does work wonders though.

Immigration is the same as it has been, but now Dems can run on “we tried to fix it and the GOP prefers to run on the problem than solve the issue.”

But will that message get out to normies? I’m not so sure.

Yes but making one of the core issues of your campaign something that like 90-95% of voters don’t see as a key issue is bad for your campaign - at best you look out of touch, at worst you’re leaving something better off the table.

Sure but that’s a given and the 25% of people who are activated by that are a lost cause.

That depends on the competence of Biden and his campaign. I think it will.

I was wondering that too. My inclination is nobody would notice but seems been so egregious this time even R senators complaining wonder if maybe a couple people will notice at least