The Presidency of Not So Jacked Up Joe Biden: We Beat Medicare!

Seems like Russia wants to put nukes on satellites to destroy other satellites

The Patriot system is able to intercept hypersonic Khinzals in Ukraine.

1 Like

I read this new “zircon” one is allegedly too fast? Although I think they said that about the other one too right

Zircon has been demonstrated to reach Mach 8 and Russia claims a max speed of Mach 9 for Zircon and Mach 10 for Khinzal. I guess the main difference is that Khinzal are launched from aircraft and Zircon from ships or submarines. In case of an open conflict no Russian aircraft will ever get close to the continental US, submarines on the other hand will.

That will be interesting, I may be channeling Tom Clancy books but I’m under the impression if got in a shooting war with Russia we’d be able to kill their subs pretty quickly.

I don’t know about that but Russia can only escape MAD if they are certain they can destroy all the US submarines, bombers and ICBMs. That’s not a gamble a sane person would take.

1 Like

Because it decreases your leverage with congress, getting worse and worse until the end of your term

Show me what you’re using to base this on, because the best I’ve seen is anonymously sourced report saying that Biden implied as much to his aides

Why will that not be true with Biden this next term if he wins?

It will be true?

You’re probably referring to this:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/09/politics/joe-biden-bridge-new-generation-of-leaders/index.html

So, no, he never outright said he will not run again but I think it’s fair to say that he and the people around him fostered an expectation that voters don’t have to worry that there will be an 86 year in the Oval office in 2028.

I’m not entirely sure what happened? Seemed like everyone just either assumed it to be the case or wanted it to be the case and ran with it

That conclusion doesn’t match what is posted at all.

His statements were intentionally vague so that everyone could interpret them the way they wanted to. I think the primary voters in 2020 deserved a clear declaration about his plans to run again to be able to make an informed decision whether they want him to run or not because there is no way a sitting president gets successfully primaried except in extraordinary circumstances.

He says directly that he wouldn’t promise to be a one term president lol

Biden and his team must have been fully aware that people were concerned what it means if he seeks reelection in 2024. In that context statements like

or

were interpreted as attempts to assuage these concerns while for whatever reason (lame duck president?) not saying it out loud that he will be a one term president.
Exhibit A are the people in this forum who follow politics very closely.

Sure, he also clearly says that he won’t be a one term president. It sounds more like people who wanted Bernie or whoever else remembered what they want to be true

The reporter didn’t just magically divine the contents of those conversations. They were intentionally leaked.

1 Like

And what was posted by the reporter doesn’t support that Biden “fostered” the idea that he wouldn’t run for a second term

I’ve been disagreeing with a lot of what CN has been posting recently with regard to Biden, but I’m 100% on his team about this.

Biden never gave any real indication of being a one-term president. If he did, it would have been a much bigger story. Ouija boarding some semi-cryptic comments he or his team said one time isn’t convincing.

1 Like