The Right's (and centrist/liberal media's) war on trans people

HIPAA is federal law, but licensing stuff is state. HIPAA also isn’t a criminal statute iirc.

:harold: good question :harold:

:vince3: phew!

This is actually a better/more thorough article detailing what he did

lol dipshit torching his career to help Chris Rufo, throw away the key

1 Like

Not a trans person, AFAB, but posting here because the right can’t have objectively intersex people existing and visible, as that would undermine the strict binary they want to enforce.

1 Like

Is this one of those weird enzyme deficiencies that cause an XY to present with mostly female characteristics? Had to learn all of those at one point, it was really annoying.

Edit: seems like they just have high testosterone?

No idea on the details, and I can hardly blame the woman for not wanting to be forthcoming with them (assuming she hasn’t been and that I haven’t seen them). The IBA apparently gave her some sort of test, and concluded she was XY. There’s more than one way for an XY individual to be born with a female body plan, but that’s all about I know about this particular case.

2 Likes

When you do genetic tests on people at the very pinnacle of human athletic achievement:

8yz8ig

2 Likes

Details do not matter, she’s just another BIOLOGICAL MALE according to the Fox News headline.

Edit:

“Social media rages!!”

1 Like
1 Like

https://x.com/babble____/status/1819400350572364126

3 Likes

Yeah I should have couched calling her intersex with many more qualifiers, but I think the hate is noteworthy, and I think she should obviously be allowed to compete.

2 Likes

The media shits the bed so badly on any story that has even a whiff of trans issues involved

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, I got it wrong about her being intersex until recently. I always appreciate your nuanced take on the complexity of sex and biology.

Has there been any clarification or rebuttal of the IBA report? I know they aren’t trustworthy, but for all I know she could be intersex in one way or another. Selfishly, it’d be convenient for me to have a timely example of objectively intersex people who exist and live their lives not knowing it, but I also don’t expect her to make a statement or subject herself to tests to satisfy the curiosity of the public.

Yes, they have been refuted by multiple sources including the IOC, independent reporting, and the birth certificate of the athlete in question.

Worth noting the IBA is considered such a corrupt institution by the IOC, that this is the last Olympics you will ever see boxing in, as they had already been cut from the 2028 and future Olympic programs prior to this latest situation.

2 Likes

Alright, not enough lolz in the world for the Italian woman who chickened out of the match and all the right wingers who ran with this. What idiots.

1 Like

The Italian boxer has also issued a public apology to her opponent. But once you get RWNJs going there’s no stopping them.

https://x.com/charlieherb9/status/1819373432955421061?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

2 Likes

JK Rowling at the top of the heap. Not holding my breath for her to issue a retraction.

https://x.com/Missval_X/status/1819933995758481626

I think I saw somewhere that it’s not really even her fault, like, she withdrew because she was in too much pain and not as some kind of statement against the Algerian woman, and then bigots ran with the angle they wanted.

UK libel laws are probably not in her favor, yeah? Inshallah this costs a big check for her

2 Likes

So what’s the bigot cliffs on this one? She isn’t even intersex?