The Supreme Court: Clarence & Ginni Thomas Jet Set Edition

Very obviously. Merrick Garland isn’t doing shit.

Also this

1 Like

ah yes the “if we frown hard they will self-regulate” theory

lol twitter is shit

let’s see why she’s trending

let’s check in with the blue checks

I want to say this is a bad strategy because the only possible play we can make with the conservatives corruption is to erode the legitimacy of the entire court. In a logical world sacrificing the liberal Justices for the cause would be well worth it. But this is not a logical world, conservatives will use the both sides argument to say let’s just stop looking under these rocks and move on.

If you’re going to claim no official ethics rules are needed because the justices will police themselves and hold themselves to the highest standards (presumptively avoiding even the appearance of misconduct!), you can’t turn around and make hyper technical excuses like “but there’s nothing in the guidelines specifically about grand-nephews!”

1 Like

it’s not cowardice. they’re in on it.

1 Like

Impeach Sotomayor for this imo.

She’s almost 70 and diabetic. Her father died when he was 42. Democrats are very very likely to lose the Senate next cycle. Might as well get a 40 year old in there that can be confirmed while we can.

2 Likes

Breyer is SWEATING right now worrying that some reporter will discover the office supplies and silverware he stole from the SCOTUS cafeteria.

3 Likes

Guys how can this private school thing be corruption? They did a nice thing for a kid AND a it’s not specifically outlined in the rules.

(Actual argument advanced by a guy I lived with in college)

Fwiw I considered this guy a George will type republican before trump appeared.

lol now we got Leonard Leo just shoveling money directly to Ginni and trying to hide it:

Judicial activist directed fees to Clarence Thomas’s wife, urged ‘no mention of Ginni’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2023/05/04/leonard-leo-clarence-ginni-thomas-conway/

I’m on my phone but throwing an archive.ph in front of the link is usually good for getting around the paywall

Absolutely nothing will happen

4 Likes
1 Like

This, because eDems love this SCOTUS.

2 Likes

Could they even get a SCOTUS justice confirmed right now with Feinstein?

manchin will block it until democrats agree to reduce medicaid benefits for poor kids (they ain’t workin!)

oh shit they can’t even get out of committee lol democrats