The Supreme Court: Clarence & Ginni Thomas Jet Set Edition

Yeah, I assume this was like 10+ years ago? I guess you’d still do that now but in reality you’re probably wasting your time for 5-6 of the justices (maybe Roberts still sticks to his dumb, loftier pretend ideals) if you aren’t a Federalist Society member.

Wouldn’t shock me if the dumb libs accepted some of these people as their clerks to keep up their own facade of impartiality, even though the conservative justices would never do the same :leolol:

A few gems from this week’s Balls & Strikes newsletter:

by jbouie, non-paywall link

^ a district court judge in Mississippi went scorched earth on qualified immunity, the legal doctrine found nowhere in law or the constitution & made up by the Supreme Court to protect cops against liability:

Sotomayor should retire so Biden can put this guy on SCOTUS

2 Likes

Sorry, too old. He’s 60

1 Like

Sotomayor should retire anyway. She’s 70 and the prospects in the Senate are very shaky going forward.

And she is in poor health.

Somehow libs still don’t get that no Democratic president is getting a nominee thru a GOP senate for the rest of my lifetime.

Can Biden even get a nominee approved? Forget where Manchin/Sinema would be

It’s an election year, the American people should get to decide

:leolol:

She should have twisted RBGs arm harder.

And maybe not make the same mistake herself.

…and she’s so worried about this that she’s going to hang on to her seat instead of retiring, increasing the chances that big daddy gets to make it even worse.

https://x.com/EWErickson/status/1794186867044397300

FYP.

Latest 5-4 is another Breyer episode, my favorite SCOTUS dumbass!

Re: this new J6 freak flag, I guess this is it? It’s kind of lame. If I saw this from a distance I would assume it’s some Lebanese pride flag or whatever.

2 Likes

Pretty much all flags with text suck.

I just put up a New California Republic flag. I’m sure it will confuse my neighbors

2 Likes

It would confuse me. It’s some Fallout reference?

Yes.

2 Likes

I flew a Detroit lions flag and Michigan flag before then. Figured Memorial Day was a good time to switch it up to honor the heroes of the NCR

1 Like

That is amazing.

It’s funny how the flag of Lebanon has an overtly Christian symbol even though the country is a mishmash of all kinds of religions.