Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

???

This was written by Nate Cohn, their poll guy

Took him this long to figure out the NYT is just trolling the left?

Harris could undercut Republican messaging by preemptively loading brown people onto trains too, but I think we are good thanks but no thanks.

https://x.com/rodericka/status/1816098016303947857

It’s at like 0:50, and he puts emphasis on it ffs. “She’d rather address, in the summer, a sorority, a colored sorority, like she can’t get out of that.”

It pains me to defend Kilmeade but I think he says “college”.

It’s weird because I definitely heard “colored” when I thought it was “colored” but now I hear “college”.

1 Like

I feel like it could go either way. Personally I pronounce the first syllables of those words clearly differently (“cuh-lored” vs. “call-ege”) and it sounds more like he’s saying “cuh”. The second syllable probably leans more towards “ege”. And Harris was speaking to a Black sorority, so, big coincidence!

We can also add this incident that CW referenced:

“There’s the DEI press secretary telling you that the DEI vice president is the future of the party.”

“DEI” is the new n-word for these people, a slur they can apply to any Black person to call them lesser-than.

Huh, I hear just the opposite now, i.e., if it’s “colored” he’s pronouncing it more like “collared”.

Another point in Kilmead’s favor is his emphasis on “in the summer” which makes “college” make more sense. He’s saying school’s not even in session, so it’s even less defensible to go to the sorority instead of the Netanyahu thing.

Fuck fox news, and I’m under no obligation to be honest in criticizing Trump or his allies and enablers. If telling this story about Kilmead’s open racism helps Harris, I’m all for it. But I still think it’s an interesting “auditory illusion”.

1 Like

yeah

Yep. My parents were confused about DEI and that’s exactly how I explained it to them.

If the shoe were on the other foot, the GOP would run ads with subtitles that say “colored.”

That’s exactly what Dems should do. They should cut up a bunch of these types of clips and make it one of many.

They say enough indefensible shit. No need to make anything up.

1 Like

Dems should have Heidecker and Vic Berger making the ads but that’s like asking your neighbor’s dog to find the cure for Alzheimer’s.

1 Like

wtf

So why didn’t a more electable candidate — of which there are many — throw his or her hat in the ring and seek the Democratic nomination? Simple: If you are a White Democrat — such as Govs. Josh Shapiro (Pa.), Andy Beshear (Ky.), Roy Cooper (N.C.), Tim Walz (Minn.) and Gretchen Whitmer (Mich.), or Sen. Mark Kelly (Ariz.) — with a seemingly bright political future in Democratic politics, why would you get crosswise with Rep. James E. Clyburn (S.C.) and the Congressional Black Caucus by trying to stop the first Black woman from leading a major party ticket? The party of identity politics is never going to pick you over her. And if you try to challenge her, she will play the race card against you — just as she did against Biden in 2019.

I spent a decent chunk of my free time since she got the nod looking for bad footage of her and I cant’ even find anything you can really properly taken out of context lol. She might be the least gaffe prone person I’ve ever seen, at least until I have seen her make one?

1 Like

https://bsky.app/profile/fartsjohnson.bsky.social/post/3ky3y6ullqa2c

https://x.com/giladedelman/status/1816549506294645225?s=46&t=45vgHoZvsEXz2aWNi8tmcw

lol, that wikipedia entry is a wild ride