Whereupon We Pontificate About Poor Media Outlet Choices

Yeah, reading something like that you very much wonder if she had problems (or was gonna have problems) anyway and it’s easier for the parents to cope by having something external (like marijuana) to blame it on.

Even if this article is 100% true it still is not a good argument against legalization.

Now do alcohol

Nit but ffs just call it “cannabis”. “Marijuana” is a garbage term for a number of reasons.

1 Like

Yeah if it’s repeated. Some recent Scandinavian studies show a non-trivial percent of people with schizophrenia likely would not have developed condition without MJ use

Also from anecdote standpoint at any given time I’m probably taking care of approximately 50 people with severe psychotic conditions who likely would have almost complete remission of symptoms if they stopped smoking weed. When they finally quit it’s miraculous. See folks go from homeless on long acting injectable psychotics to being completely fine, mostly “normal” life on no meds after 6 months of no weed. I spend probably an hour every single day trying to explain this to patients/family but there something unique about MJ that people really have no insight it causing issues so it’s like talking to a wall lol

4 Likes

Also if not clear despite the risks I’m fine with legalization as a lesser evil. Although I think medical MJ is mostly a ruse to wrap medical profession into helping people get weed so I would rather that be nuked and make full on legal.

1 Like

oh god it’s the same way with cannabis hyperemesis syndrome. They’ll have like 50 ER visits per year for vomiting that gets better with hot showers and they’ll never admit it might be the weed.

100%

Dunno why I torture myself, but every single week Jen Rubin says “indictments are coming”. Like every week, for months. I’d say at least 6 months. And what’s with the typos? In a Washington Post article?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/03/17/jennifer-rubin-reader-qa/

lol, wild stuff from Sullivan here

what the fuck even for sullivan this is lol dreck

Counterpoint: Sullivan has always been this bad.

2 Likes

The fuck is wrong with these people?

Dude, that number is more like 40 percent.

Maybe if those kids are so damn hungry they should FIND SOME FUCKING BOOTSTRAPS AND START PULLING!

1 Like

He deserves privacy, it’s not like he’s Fetterman or Hillary

I heard he’s getting the ground-up fetus treatment. Doesn’t want that known publicly.

Anyone having trouble using the stop loading X trick on NYT?

I tried to cancel the NYT last fall, and the account website offered to drop my rate from $4/wk to $1/wk for the next 12 months.

Would’ve felt stupid cancelling vs. $1/week.

Still working for me. Loading the page on archive.ph is a good alternative if you’re running into issues though.